Apologies in Advance - Speed/Audio Problems
I'm... so sorry... My first post... and it has to be that type of post. I've tried searching the insane amount of other threads almost exactly like this one (even tried listening to those folks on eHow about this), but the people who answer the question are either too knowledgeable in that I don't understand the conversation at all. Not only am I completely computer-illiterate, but I need help as well. I'm attempting to play Xenosaga : Episode 1. The problem I'm having is as follows:

Audio: In cutscenes, the audio is fine but animation is so slow that conversations will be over by the time the animation is halfway through. In battles, the audio (both the game effects itself and even background music) are maybe twice as slow as they should be - saw someone playing the same game on youtube and was shocked at the realization of how slow I was going). Animation: In cutscenes, again, agonizingly slow. In battles, the same.

Apologies in advance - I have zero idea on what to do. I know that I should post information here - not only do I not know what this information is, but I do not know how to obtain it. I realize there's this 'log' on PCSX2 but I don't - ARGH, you know it's frustrating for me to admit how ignorant I am in this kind of thing. Please, if you have the time, help me out. Post the information I should put up (and how I get it, if you're feeling kind), and I'll edit this post.

Christ it's like I'm five years old.

Edit (StriFe79):
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
DirectX: DirectX 11

Anything else?

Sponsored links

Maybe try going into spu2x plugin and changing your synchonization mode to async during cutscenes. May games with extended cutscenes tend to have this issue. My big one would be FFX-2.
Would also help what your computer specifications are Smile
(01-23-2013, 09:39 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Would also help what your computer specifications are Smile

Edited the OP, is there any other info you'd need?
(01-23-2013, 05:01 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Maybe try going into spu2x plugin and changing your synchonization mode to async during cutscenes. May games with extended cutscenes tend to have this issue. My big one would be FFX-2.

Would this also address the problem that during non-cutscenes, the speed of which is about 50% of what it should be?
the slowness problem is more because your cpu is under 3.0 Ghz.
you'll have to tinkle with speedhacks to compaensate it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-23-2013, 12:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the slowness problem is more because your cpu is under 3.0 Ghz.
you'll have to tinkle with speedhacks to compaensate it.

Ah, I saw many of your labored responses to people in other threads.

So... uh... in laymen's terms, what are speedhacks? Do you have to download them, or are they included in PCSX2? Are they unique to a game? What would you suggest?

Sorry about being so ignorant, but at least I'm eager to learn... right?
They are included in the speedhacks tab.
Set all recommended ones + MTVU hack.
If it doenst make it, add a bit of ee cycle rate & vu cycle stealing.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-23-2013, 01:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: They are included in the speedhacks tab.

I'll try this later today... it's 6:15AM where I am, haha.
(01-23-2013, 01:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: They are included in the speedhacks tab.

I did exactly as you said, as well as the first gentlemen to respond to me...

Nothing changed in the slightest... is there no hope?