AppImage for PCSX2 distribution
Work on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Sponsored links

(02-04-2020, 10:35 AM)fc7 Wrote: Great to hear about the progress. I will download it again tonight and test it.
I can test your builds both on Intel GPU and NVidia. If I find any issues I will let you know.

(02-06-2020, 12:59 AM)ROTOR Wrote: Work on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

It have all 32bits libs that it needed, include it's own glibc, so it can work on every place (without traditional Appimage limitation of glibc). And because of it, I used the last versions of all 32bits libs, for better performance, and, at the same time, keeping compatibility to all. You can see the mesa version by running:
Code:
./pcsx2-VERSION-x86_64.AppImage glxinfo32
* the VERSION on the name, is because I have changed the name of Appimage to be similar to the windows release of buildbot.
(01-06-2017, 09:13 PM)gregory Wrote: Yes I know the ldd command. But you need the so of the plugin. And the so of the library too. For example wx can depends on SDL and got a tight dependency with the libstd++.

If you want to target more than Ubuntu, it might need all the so dependency. That being said it would be better than the current binary built on my debian distribution.

It could have been useful on the past. But Ubuntu got PPA, Arch got prebuild package too. Potentially openSuse/Gentoo/Fedora too. So it could be nice but I'm afraid that I will be too lazy to do it.

Hi gregory,

is there any chance to incorporate to the project and or build on @ferion11 exccelent work in order to provide an “official” AppImage release for Linux?

I’ve been using his AppImage for a few weeks without any issues.

Using an AppImage instead of the Linux distro packages is far better for a couple of reasons:
  • Linux distro independent (it will work on Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, etc)

• The AppImage already contains all the dependencies to run the application.

• No need to enable 32bit architecture on 64bit systems.

• Installation is as simple as downloading the AppImage file and give it execution permissions.

• Updating is as simple as downloading a new build and replace the previous one.

• No dependency on the Linux distro package maintenance (ie: Debian package seems to be not actively maintained) and version.
  • AppImage build process can be potentially automated and integrated in PCSX2 release cycle?

Other projects like RPCS3 are already using AppImage as their official Linux releases successfully.
    Any chance you guys can this an opportunity? please?  Rolleyes
    Thanks.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for that!
I couldn't get pcsx2 installed on Ubuntu 20.04 - but with that appimage everything seems to work perfekt :-)