Ar Tonelico II Fully Playable?
ok, guys read the title and ur answers?? Laugh
i've been playing it for almost 4 hours now, and surprisingly no problem at all and it run on an unbelievable stable fps between 57-60.
but there's some minor weird screen and glitches, ah who cares a little thing like that.
anyway, u can see my rig below...

and the problem is... is there some crash or anything that happen on the middle of the game? well, it's not really a problem right now, but i love this game to the point of concerns that some crash may occur later... Tongue
E7300 - HIS HD4670 - 2GB RAM

.Hack//GU vol 1-3 [beaten]
FFXII [beaten]
Ar Tonelico II [cloche's route beaten]
Grandia III - 1.5 hours
VP Silmeria - 5 minutes lol

Sponsored links

What I do know is that you will encounter crashing problem at the end of the game because there is a bug with the game itself
http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/ar2bugfix.html
just for information... i've been succesfully beaten this game on cloche's route. with no crash at all
so, u guys want to play? try this, it's safe Laugh

@vsub
u mean glitch and freeze on battle with raki?
believe it or not, it didn't happen to me. I'm also wondering where the bugs will occurs to me...
but until i fight her for the 9th times, everything works fine. no glitch, no freezes. <i just fought normally, till i get bored and finished the game lol>

note : i'm confirming this on cloche's route. I don't know if there's a problem on luca's route, but i've no intention to play on that route... at least not now. Man, luca's so annoying lol

FFXII [beaten]
Grandia III - 1.5 hours
This is not a route problem,there is a bug with the game.I don't know if there is a newer release of the game with this problem fixed.
It's happening when she cast "Fractal Change"...there is one long message below which if not fixed it's some strange letters and then it freezes

This happens on the USA version...and there are some random freezes when you exit to the world map or before one fmv.

Wikipedia
Quote:Errors and bugs in the US version

In the third-to-last boss battle of the American version, there is a bug which causes the game to freeze after the 3rd player defense phase. When the enemy Raki uses the skill "Fractal Change" the game freezes due to memory usage exceeding the system's capabilities. The same problem goes for the optional battles against the same enemy too. The only way to avoid the crash is to inflict over half of said enemy's HP (40,000 points, increasing by a factor of 1.5 each defeat) before the player's third defense phase or even defeat the enemy before that point.

This problem does not happen with some (but not all) early backwards-compatible models of the PlayStation 3, and it was fixed in the PAL-version.

There are also various translation errors, such as changing the gender of Jean Ishikawa in Cloche's cosmosphere from female to male, or the fate of Croix's parents, telling them Leyka killed them when actually they just perished in an IPD outbreak that didn't have relation to Leyka. In addition, there are various grammatical errors throughout the game.

I played that game from my ps2hdd and I used the patch but it freezes from the disk on that battle when she cast Fractal Change

PS.I also played the Cloche's route

(02-05-2010, 11:16 PM)jap_yuuki Wrote: Man, luca's so annoying lol
Same here
Maybe on the pcsx2 this bug doesn't make the emulated PS2 to freeze or maybe you have the PAL version on which this bug is removed
no.. i dont meant the raki's bug... i don't know if pcsx2 can emulate the game perfectly on luca's route like it did on cloche's
I dont know which version that i have <PAL or NTSC>, but im playing the usa version...
fractal change -> skill that makes her fly and attacks from above?

FFXII [beaten]
Grandia III - 1.5 hours
(02-06-2010, 12:28 AM)jap_yuuki Wrote: fractal change -> skill that makes her fly and attacks from above?

No,the skill is jamming the gauge below.She is saying "Recompiling,shifting battle modes"

This picture is from youtube video

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-06-2010, 02:48 AM)vsub Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 12:28 AM)jap_yuuki Wrote: fractal change -> skill that makes her fly and attacks from above?

No,the skill is jamming the gauge below.She is saying "Recompiling,shifting battle modes"

This picture is from youtube video

ah.. that one.
i'm using jap voice though Laugh

FFXII [beaten]
Grandia III - 1.5 hours
It doesn't matter what language you use,it always freeze if you have the USA version of the game and it's not fixed with that patch.

On pcsx2 I get this message when it freezes(the emu crashes)
(EE) Tlb Miss, addr=0x0 [load]
(EE) PC: 0x001932c4 Cycle: 0xeb4a1541
(02-08-2010, 12:10 PM)vsub Wrote: It doesn't matter what language you use,it always freeze if you have the USA version of the game and it's not fixed with that patch.

On pcsx2 I get this message when it freezes(the emu crashes)
(EE) Tlb Miss, addr=0x0 [load]
(EE) PC: 0x001932c4 Cycle: 0xeb4a1541

lol it's patched and the patch works on the USA version. If i didn't have the patch, i won't be able to finish the game. Let me share the patch i used:

Attached Files
.rar   patch at2 usa.rar (Size: 30,04 KB / Downloads: 399)
.exe   wrar392.exe (Size: 1,3 MB / Downloads: 695)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-12-2010, 10:13 AM)ikazu Wrote: lol it's patched and the patch works on the USA version. If i didn't have the patch, i won't be able to finish the game. Let me share the patch i used:

I know about this patch(I'm using it)and I already cleared that game two times and played that battle more than 30 times without problems.I was only showing what will happen if you play the USA version without patching it.