Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia - Menu Slowdown
There's a noticeable slowdown every time I open and close the menu/inventory screen. It happens in Ar Tonelico II as well, and from what I can tell it's not related to hardware, as there aren't any spikes in performance graphs etc.
One thing I will note is, it does not happen in software mode, only hardware mode.

Anyways, is there a fix for it, what setting do I have to change?

EDIT: I should have mentioned, the slowdown happens regardless of the version I use, I've tested 1.2 to 1.4 to the current dev built, they all have the same problem.

Sponsored links

Yea I've noticed it as well during my recent playthrough. I am definitely not hardware constrained either. It's incredibly noticeable after the end of battle when you close out of the battle results menu as the music gets incredibly distorted.

Happened to me at all tested settings I just gave up trying to fix it as it wasn't a big deal
It happens especially in non-native resolutions in GSDX, turning GSDX to native makes the problem less apparent but it's still there.
Blame GUST for their programming.
It's not something new and yes,it works fine in sw mode and no there is no fix(yet)
Even if you switch to turbo mode(I can easily maintain 200% fps),I still see how the speed goes down for a second and then it's restored
(06-07-2016, 05:22 PM)vsub Wrote: It's not something new and yes,it works fine in sw mode and no there is no fix(yet)
Even if you switch to turbo mode(I can easily maintain 200% fps),I still see how the speed goes down for a second and then it's restored

Could overclocking the virtual CPU help? That was something I didn't try.
Setting the EE Cyclerate down to -2 seems to help a bit, or at least it does something, but it's not ideal.
Pretty sure it's not present on the original PS2, so I don't think GUST are to blame for it...
(06-07-2016, 05:26 PM)bomblord Wrote: Could overclocking the virtual CPU help? That was something I didn't try.

I thought of that(and I tried some other things)but nothing other than using SW or Null rendered fixes the problem completely
Even while using frame skipping(render 1 and skip 1000)the speed still goes down
It is a texture invalidation problem in GSdx (iirc).
Is it something that can be fixed and is it on the to-do list?
Also, am I right to assume that since this game has this problem, some others will do too?
try gsdx fast texture invalidation hack