Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia (not about graphics)
In the game Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia as you dive you unlock costumes every time you complete a Cosmosphere.
For some reason Misha's Costumes are not appearing even know it says after i complete the cosmosphere. Any idea how to patch the game so they are accessible after being unlocked?

My other problem is i can only save in one slot (not a big deal but kind of annoying) if i save in any other slots it deletes my other save so i end up with just one save.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

Possible spoilers

AFAIK the costume thing is not a problem with PCSX2. I have played through Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia in it's entirety on PCSX2 using various versions on 0.9.5 SVN 343-377 with speed hacks on and have only experienced slight audio issues, aside from the chopped background graphics thing.

Actually, you do know that which of Misha's costumes are available depend on whether or not she is child or adult form right? China Dress, Shinobi, KASHA, Sailor Girl, White Kimono, Y, are the adult form costumes. Magical Shower, Sheep Sweets and Elfir are child from costumes. Standard will appear for both. When Misha is adult form you will NOT even see her child form costumes in the list. Therefor if you are at the end parts of the game and diving in the early cosmosphere levels, you will not see the first few costumes.

My system and settings:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ OC to 2.54GHZ
1GB Corsair DDR400 OC to 230MHZ
Sapphire Radeon X850XT 256MB at stock speed (for PCSX2 anyway)

PCSX2 Settings
PCSX2 0.9.5 SVN 377
CPU on default settings except frame LIMIT.
No patches. (Not after SVN 349 anyway)
EE/IOP Sync hack ON

GSDX 0.1.8 SSE2
Direct3D9 Hardware
PS2.0
No interlacing
Aspect 4:3
Native resolution
Logarithmic Z and Alpha Correction checked

ZeroSPU2 0.4.6
Time scaling and real time mode enabled(I find SFX in Ar tonelico lag by about 500ms otherwise)

SSSXPad Plugin Pressure Mod 1.6.0
Configured various ways.

Linuzappz ISO CDVD 0.7.0
My desktop PC DVD drive will not read ANY DVD's for some reason, let alone PS2 ones. ISO was obtained from original game disc using EFP ISO CDVD 0.6.0 on my laptop, then send via wireless network to this PC (That was wonderfully slow...)

Dev9, Firewire, USB Null drivers.

I will attach a screenshot showing Misha's costumes at the end of the game (the real phase 3 ending) all unlocked and available (The adult ones anyway).

Like you I have not been able to save in more than one "slot" in Ar tonelico on PCSX2. All the "slots" in Ar tonelico saves are actually saved to a single file though. I wonder if perhaps when AT saves that file it writes the ENTIRE file each time, and maybe PCSX2 is only writing the new data? I don't know. My PS2s DVD drive had laser issues and the click of death, that being the reason I was running the game on PC to begin with. I recently fixed that and set about trying to transfer the PCSX2 save to my PS2 memory card. I had some issues with that working, eventually I had to boot to the BIOS in PCSX2 and copy the Ar tonelico save to a new blank memory card file, then the tools I was using became happy with it and worked. My PCSX2 save now works fine on my PS2, so I suspect the issues isn't with how PCSX2 handles saves, more likely it is with how Ar tonelico handles saves.

If the problem is not what I mentioned above, then try setting up your config like mine and see if that works. I just took this screenshot in PCSX2, it shows all of Misha's adult form costumes in the list, except for standard. Nevermind my graphics card status stuff from ATI tray tools written in the top lol.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)