Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits Pal
(09-15-2020, 12:36 AM)refraction Wrote: well I ran everything on default, so can you show me all your settings under Config->Emulator Settings.  A screenshot of each tab would be great.

Here.Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Ah there's your issue, under the EE/IOP tab, the rounding mode should be on Tronca / Zero and Clamping should be on Normale.

Changing the Rounding can be very dangerous for stability.

Edit: Confirmed, I got it to crash like you by changing the rounding mode to Nearest (Al piu vicino)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-15-2020, 01:09 AM)refraction Wrote: Ah there's your issue, under the EE/IOP tab, the rounding mode should be on Tronca / Zero and Clamping should be on Normale.

Changing the Rounding can be very dangerous for stability.

Edit: Confirmed, I got it to crash like you by changing the rounding mode to Nearest (Al piu vicino)

Ah, I made that change for Shin Megami Tensei III because I couldn't get a command on a level in the game.
well you need to change it back for Arc Tongue

(09-15-2020, 01:16 AM)refraction Wrote: well you need to change it back for Arc Tongue

Indeed, that was the problem. Smile
I did 2 battles all smooth.
For Shin Megami Tensei III can that problem be solved with a future update?
Because some commands disappear and you can't move forward in the game without making those changes.
Shin Megami Tensei III is Nocturne right? it should automatically do what you did (at least the rounding thing) if you have Automatic Gamefixes enabled under the System menu. It doesn't do the clamping though, are you sure that part is also needed?

(09-15-2020, 01:52 AM)refraction Wrote: Shin Megami Tensei III is Nocturne right? it should automatically do what you did (at least the rounding thing) if you have Automatic Gamefixes enabled under the System menu.  It doesn't do the clamping though, are you sure that part is also needed?

Yes Nocturne, or Lucifer Call for the Pal version.
As you can see from the photos, the Game Fix is disabled, and to unlock that option I have to enable the rounding to nearest.
If there is a better system let me know.
(09-15-2020, 02:53 AM)Cloudn Wrote: Yes Nocturne, or Lucifer Call for the Pal version.
As you can see from the photos, the Game Fix is disabled, and to unlock that option I have to enable the rounding to nearest.
If there is a better system let me know.

No not that one, i mean from the main menu of PCSX2, under System (Sistema), the "GameFix Automatici" option.

if you take PCSX2 out of full screen (you can double click on the window), then look at the top of the console/log window, it should say "1 Fixes" which is setting the rounding to nearest.

if it doesn't, we need to know what the serial (The SLES-12345 type number) is for your game so we can add it.

(09-15-2020, 10:09 AM)refraction Wrote: No not that one, i mean from the main menu of PCSX2, under System (Sistema), the "GameFix Automatici" option.

if you take PCSX2 out of full screen (you can double click on the window), then look at the top of the console/log window, it should say "1 Fixes" which is setting the rounding to nearest.

if it doesn't, we need to know what the serial (The SLES-12345 type number) is for your game so we can add it.
Yes, the automatic fix was enabled, so you are missing the game code to enter here it is:

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_533.63;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.02
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_533.63;1) Game CRC = 0xAE0DE7B7, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_533.63;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.02
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL

And the Pal version of the game which is called Lucifer Call.

P.S:Then I would like to point out for the development version of the emulator, which does not read the memory cards at the start, that is, the console code does not appear, it goes directly into the game, and this means that it does not recognize the ps2 settings, and the games which I imposed in Italian gives them to me in English.
It happened to me with Arc and Magna Carta.
I don't know if it's a direct problem on the single game, or if it's just the emulator.
yes, that is a known issue if you fast boot, for those games you need to full boot in order to get the language you have set in your BIOS (which will give you the italian text in Arc)

I have added that rounding to our github, so the next new 1.7.0 build will contain the auto fix for you