Arcade Stick
Hey, I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything on this. I have the HanaHo Hot Rod 2 player Arcade Stick and I've run into a few problems.

It uses a keyboard encoder.. I'm really not sure if it's a specific one you can find online or just one they built for the product, but the geniuses decided to use Ctrl, Shift, AND Alt as three of the main used buttons on player one... lol

That causes some issue with the global OS shortcuts and hotkeys. It had me stop using NullDC all together because of it would cause it to exit full screen or cause a drop menu to pause the game. It has similar issue with PCSX2.

Does anyone know if there may be a way to turn off those actions temporarily? Worst case, i'll open this thing up and rewire to two USB game pads I have(which I might do anyway since the PC version of Street Fighter 4 only allows for one player to be assigned to a keyboard, the other has to use a controller. Sad )

Sponsored links

Ok, so... i realized my PC USB gamepads also work with my PS3.. Which pretty much through my original thoughts out the window. Being able to run this on both PC and PS3 just sounds like the logical way to go over trying to bypass windows functions.

New issue... I don't know squat about that kinda of wiring. I opened the Hanaho Hotrod and one of the two Saitek P2500 controllers. The most I can figure out is that the black wires in the Hotrod are a ground since I only see it connecting to the Keyboard Encoder once, but it's coming from every button.

I know it's likely a simple task for a lot of people, and I have a good educated guess as to how it could(should?) be done, but I'd rather ask for some help and know what i'm doing before going in with a soldering iron and potentially breaking something.

If anyone with a better understanding could PM give and me some help on doing this, i'd be more than willing to post pictures of me going through it for others who may want to do this as well.
Well i am not sure about your other gamepads or joysticks but i have been using my PS3 controller for my gaming on my PC it works both via USB and bluetooth which is awesome! if you are on a laptop with internal bluetooth i STRONGLY recoment getting a dongle anyway many of the devices that you purchase for bluetooth will come with a dongle like meh MX5500 mouse/keyboard combo tho it was not astheticly pleasing enough for me so i went to a PC store and got a micro BT dongle which is both pretty and small and thanks to my wifes discount increadible inexpensive! (sorry) i would go more into it but just google or yahoo if you prefer "ps3 controller on pc" "ps3 controller on pc bluetooth"

in the case of other users reading this if you are like me and have an internal BT device using the additional dongle allows for you to not have to wipe your primarys drivers and render it useless for anything except the PS3 controller...so i get to use my mouse and my controller at the same time

i know it was off your posts topic but i thought you might find it usefull
If you want to get your PS3 controller on 64 bit Vista or Windows 7, see my thread about it here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7582.html
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-30-2009, 02:22 AM)knewbsauce Wrote: Well i am not sure about your other gamepads or joysticks but i have been using my PS3 controller for my gaming on my PC it works both via USB and bluetooth which is awesome! if you are on a laptop with internal bluetooth i STRONGLY recoment getting a dongle anyway many of the devices that you purchase for bluetooth will come with a dongle like meh MX5500 mouse/keyboard combo tho it was not astheticly pleasing enough for me so i went to a PC store and got a micro BT dongle which is both pretty and small and thanks to my wifes discount increadible inexpensive! (sorry) i would go more into it but just google or yahoo if you prefer "ps3 controller on pc" "ps3 controller on pc bluetooth"

in the case of other users reading this if you are like me and have an internal BT device using the additional dongle allows for you to not have to wipe your primarys drivers and render it useless for anything except the PS3 controller...so i get to use my mouse and my controller at the same time

i know it was off your posts topic but i thought you might find it usefull

I actually already have a USB Bluetooth receiver I bought for using the same headset with PS3 and PC, but I'm not sure I want to go that route. I have the original Six Axis that came with it, and I bought a Dual Shock 3 that recently just stopped working unless it was connected by USB. The battery is charged up fine, but as soon as I disconnect it, it stops working and doesn't even attempt to connect wirelessly.

I've already been using these other gamepads for Street Fighter IV on PS3, which is why I wanted to use those. It'd rather destroy $20 controllers I already have just sitting around than $50 ones I use regularly for other games(shooters, etc...).

Using the PS3 controllers for the wireless connectivity is nice, but not really needed in my case. Not to mention the Analog triggers would be harder to rewire to the Happs switches, I would think.

Plus, I haven't had a chance to try yet, but these pads may even work on a 360, which would create a nice single unit for me to drag around to friends houses, no matter what the system be.
Ok... so, i've done some searching and figured out how most of these gamepads are.. I was confused since there was 3 wires coming from each switch on the Hotrod and there were only two contact pads for each button on the gamepad. I found a few images of how people normally connect them and they say it just needs the active connection and ground for each. This doesn't explain what the third wires were used for, but if I don't need them, less work, I guess. lol

I'm going to make an attempt on a single button to start off tomorrow, while I have a friend over with a decent camera, and see how it goes. I'll post whatever pictures I can if it goes well so others can do this if they feel they want to. Since I don't really know what i'm doing, I should be able to explain it simple enough for people who are doing this for a first time as well. lol
Intel E8400 @ 3.0 GHz
4GB (2x 2GB) 800 MHz DDR2(Dual Channel) RAM
ATI(Saphire) HD 4850 512MB
Windows 7 RC1 x64 Ultimate
I, for one, would be most interested. I love tinkering with electronics Laugh
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Hi, everyone i just start using PCSX2 i m trying to config arcade stick with SNK vs Capcom 2, everything is ok except when i try to (jump-forward) or (jump-backward) doesn't work, is there anything i m doing wrong? please help
Please seek from your newly created thread...

Refer: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-split-how...Tekken-Tag