Arcana Hearts
Hello, I've searched this forum for arcana heart and wasn't able to find what i wanted. I was wondering if anyone has this working perfectly and could tell me what their exact configurations/settings are.

I get about 45 FPS during character and arcana select menus, and like 47~ 50 during fighting (but it starts to lag/slow down when i combo). I have gotten this to 60 FPS before with perfectly smooths menus but then the combat is slow (unplayable) even with 60 FPS (no idea why)..I'm really noob at this and I don't really know what all of the settings do. Much appreciated if anyone has suggestions or help. Thanks

Sponsored links

(02-21-2009, 02:46 PM)Judgement Wrote: Hello, I've searched this forum for arcana heart and wasn't able to find what i wanted. I was wondering if anyone has this working perfectly and could tell me what their exact configurations/settings are.

I get about 45 FPS during character and arcana select menus, and like 47~ 50 during fighting (but it starts to lag/slow down when i combo). I have gotten this to 60 FPS before with perfectly smooths menus but then the combat is slow (unplayable) even with 60 FPS (no idea why)..I'm really noob at this and I don't really know what all of the settings do. Much appreciated if anyone has suggestions or help. Thanks

First of all please post your system specc. With that we can try to help you in a better way.

Atleast I can repeat myself only over and over. Try to get the latest rev and compile it by yourself. In it you'll find a new speed hack which could be an improvement for your FPS. Also, Try to use GDSX with (if it's available for you) DX10 Hardware Mode! (Software mode is too laggy, try to use always hardware mode). If you cannot use DX10, use DX9.

Well if you don't know how to compile it-> Just use the forum search engine and search for "Compile Guide". The guide will lead you trough everything.

Also, I'm not really sure if the game is fully playable imo. U have to try it out, tough.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
(02-21-2009, 03:56 PM)yunsabit Wrote:
(02-21-2009, 02:46 PM)Judgement Wrote: Hello, I've searched this forum for arcana heart and wasn't able to find what i wanted. I was wondering if anyone has this working perfectly and could tell me what their exact configurations/settings are.

First of all please post your system specc. With that we can try to help you in a better way.

Atleast I can repeat myself only over and over. Try to get the latest rev and compile it by yourself. In it you'll find a new speed hack which could be an improvement for your FPS. Also, Try to use GDSX with (if it's available for you) DX10 Hardware Mode! (Software mode is too laggy, try to use always hardware mode). If you cannot use DX10, use DX9.

Well if you don't know how to compile it-> Just use the forum search engine and search for "Compile Guide". The guide will lead you trough everything.

Also, I'm not really sure if the game is fully playable imo. U have to try it out, tough.

Thanks for your response. Um, I have a Pentium D Processor @ 3.0Ghz. As for my video card, I have a 256 MB ATI Radeon X600, and i have 2gigs of memory. Please note that I'm just trying to get this specific game to run smoother as this is the only game i plan on playing. I'm going to try the recompile thing you suggested asap. What does that do by the way?
(02-21-2009, 05:28 PM)Judgement Wrote:
(02-21-2009, 03:56 PM)yunsabit Wrote:

Thanks for your response. Um, I have a Pentium D Processor @ 3.0Ghz. As for my video card, I have a 256 MB ATI Radeon X600, and i have 2gigs of memory. Please note that I'm just trying to get this specific game to run smoother as this is the only game i plan on playing. I'm going to try the recompile thing you suggested asap. What does that do by the way?

Well, the recompile thing is that you built your own emulator. The Dev team do a lot on this project. Every Day you find new changes on the source code (improvements etc). With that, you get the latest rev which had a nice feature in it(A new speedhack, which works like hell for my games i tried).

With this speed hack enabled it could be, that ur frames are better as they are now. U have to try it by yourself, because I am not owning this game so I can't test it myself.

Also, I'm not really sure if you have that already but u could try to enable the already included speedhacks(x1.5/x2/x3CycleRates) in ur Emulator.

->Config>Speedhacks.

Well, also your CPU is quite a bit slow. I don't know arcana heart, and well if it is a 3D game or a 2D game. But for 3D emulation your cpu is to slow I think.(Usually a Core 2 Duo is recommended or something similiar).

Please look in the Configuration Guide on the Mainpage. Hope I could be of any help.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
I have the game and with everything to max it doesn't run at 60FPS. As far as I remember I tweaked the speedhacks. I think it was x1.5 Cycle Rate that gave me the desired result.
Thanks a lot, i was able to get much better results doing the compile thing