[Arch] Can't seem to be able to compile from AUR
I've been trying to compile pcsx2-svn using yaourt but I always get the same errors:

Code:
[ 14%] Building CXX object common/src/Utilities/CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/x86/MemcpyFast.S.o
Linking CXX static library libUtilities.a
Two passes with the same argument (-alloca-hoisting) attempted to be registered!
Error running link command: Segmentation fault
make[2]: *** [common/src/Utilities/libUtilities.a] Error 1
make[1]: *** [common/src/Utilities/CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build pcsx2-svn.
==> Restart building pcsx2-svn ? [y/N]
==> ----------------------------------
==>

Do I need to give any information about my PC and installation?

Sponsored links

which version of gcc? Which version of pcsx2 (latest r5620)? Can I have the full log.
(04-23-2013, 08:32 AM)gregory Wrote: which version of gcc? Which version of pcsx2 (latest r5620)? Can I have the full log.

gcc version 4.8.0 20130411 (prerelease) (GCC)

Attached Files
.7z   yaourt.log.7z (Size: 30,41 KB / Downloads: 193)
Use gcc 4.7 Wink I can't do anythings on gcc bug Tongue2
It sucks that I can compile it on my old and weak intel-classmate with an atom 1.6ghz using 32bit arch and GCC 4.8.0 but fails on my desktop :/

Can I ask someone with 64bit arch to try compiling it localy and then send me the files?
Compiling can be a monster on 64 bit linux. What I do nowadays is use a minimal 32 bit install inside VirtualBox. Then I transfer the completed product back to my main 64 bit OS.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Are you aware that you can reuse you 32bits compilation on your 64 bits main system?
Quote:Are you aware that you can reuse you 32bits compilation on your 64 bits main system?

For Ubuntu multiarch, compiling still produces errors. Sometimes installing one i386 file will cause the removal of many others.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-chroot-issues Post#2

So by doing this method I at least get it to compile, then I transfer the finished product over so I can use it on 64 bits system.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(04-30-2013, 11:50 PM)Vidar Wrote: It sucks that I can compile it on my old and weak intel-classmate with an atom 1.6ghz using 32bit arch and GCC 4.8.0 but fails on my desktop :/

Can I ask someone with 64bit arch to try compiling it localy and then send me the files?

Here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1982...pkg.tar.xz

I just can't guaratee ti will work for you. Btw, Atom can build PCSX2 - I already did it in my Asus EeePC 1015pn
Well it runs but the graphics are messed up with ZZ Ogl PG 0.4.0/0.3.0 and GSdx just crashes at "Loading PS2 BIOS..." but I'm guessing that's my GPU's fault Sad

Thanks for your time, now I'm going to cry in a corner.