Archlinux, Blank screen when launching game
Hi!

I'm an archlinux user, and I've trying to use pcsx2 for a few days now with the game DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (which's been marked as working with pcsx2).
But when I launch the game, a new window opens but stays blank (grey). I've sounds, but no graphics.

I've browsed the forum for a while, but I haven't found the solution to my problem. So I'm here, asking for help.

Here are a few info on my sys : http://paste.pocoo.org/show/vSIVIqr4izDMdlmecUaX/
If you need more/different info just let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sponsored links

Not sure couse your cpu model isn't really detected on the info you included and I never tried pcsx2 on Linux, but by common sense I can guess that with just one core @2.7gh you can generally forget about emulating ps2.
To play the game you mentioned you would need to have at least second core and well by my guess compatibility over linux is still weaker soo... windows 7 with some cheap radeon from hd5xxx series or similar nvidia(supporting dx11).
You need to set a gs plugins (ie no gsnull Wink )
(06-13-2011, 08:35 AM)gregory Wrote: You need to set a gs plugins (ie no gsnull Wink )

And where do I find one?

PS: miseru is right, I don't have a dual core. So is there no chance for me to get it working?
Go in the plugins dialogs, you can select severals plugins. If GSnull is the only one, you miss some depencencies (libglew, nividia-cg-toolkit for example).

Well, 1 core will be slow but it must work.
(06-16-2011, 07:35 PM)gregory Wrote: Go in the plugins dialogs, you can select severals plugins. If GSnull is the only one, you miss some depencencies (libglew, nividia-cg-toolkit for example).

I've both packages already, but no driver other than GSnull is proposed.
Here is what is in my plugins dir:
Code:
% ls
libCDVDiso.so    libdev9null.so  libonepad.so    libspu2x.so    ps2hw.dat
libCDVDlinuz.so  libFWnull.so    libPADnull.so   libUSBnull.so
libCDVDnull.so   libGSnull.so    libSPU2null.so  libzzogl.so

What should I do?

(Thanks for helping me btw Smile )

EDIT: Oh, there seems to be some problem with libGLEW, i'll investigate.
EDIT2: Yep, it wants libGLEW.so.1.5 and I've .1.6...
Yes you must install 1.5. Fortunately you can install both in parallal. Well I hope, it is the case on debian. Otherwise you will need a recompilation. Note there is a sticky thread to install/support arch package
I cant have both simultaneously on arch, ...
But I removed 1.6 to have the 1.5 version. I've new problems however...
Code:
[wx] /opt/pcsx2/plugins/libzzogl.so: undefined symbol: glewInit

Any idea why?
To check the library loading use the ldd command
ldd libzzogl.so

Otherwise save you trouble and recompile it.
Yep, I did recompile it and now I've the choice between GSnull, GSdx and ZZ OGl ...

Only problem is, when I try to select a plugin and then click on "apply", pcsx2 freeze and eats 100% of my CPU. :/