Are my specs too low?
Yay for threadhijacking!

@OP:
Why the hell did you use tri-ace gamefix anyway? Try disabling that, also let us see your gsdx config.

Sponsored links

Haha, oh well, he already helped xD

wow, after changing to GSdx 0.1.9, I don't crash anymore, but it's still very slow, around 20 fps... -__-
these are my settings now

[Image: 11-1.png]
[Image: 12.png]
[Image: 13.png]
[Image: 14.png]
[Image: 15.png]

I turned off the game fixes, how else can I improve the speed?
nope, your cpu is too slow for the game apparently, some suggestions :

- use the latest beta, including the plugin
- in gsdx.ini, add the following line : allowhacks=1
- enable alpha hack that just pop up in gsdx config window
- use microvu
- buy a better system, preferably a desktop
It's mostly your GPU, any integrated GPUs perform much worse than PCI-e 16x graphic cards, and it's most likely bottlenecking your framerate. You should use Logarithmic Z it's much faster texture compression but since your using an integrated GPU it might make thing slower seeing as it'll have to share at least 80 MB of your memory for that.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
if you have a dx10 capable system, use gsdx dx10 mode. (And I think you have because you said you can run Halo 2, which works only in dx10 mode).
and btw, you said that you system should handle it because it can handle halo 2.
Believe me, halo 2 is a piece of cake in terms of CPU/GPU power compared to pcsx2...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
....I just realized that GMA4500 support dx10, won't make any difference though. Tongue2
(07-24-2010, 12:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: if you have a dx10 capable system, use gsdx dx10 mode. (And I think you have because you said you can run Halo 2, which works only in dx10 mode).
and btw, you said that you system should handle it because it can handle halo 2.
Believe me, halo 2 is a piece of cake in terms of CPU/GPU power compared to pcsx2...

Indeed, Project 64 1.6 is only a quarter as resource hungry as PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113, but it happens to achieve double realtime framerate or better easily, but doesn't support multiple cores or hyperthreading (even though the N64 was the earliest dual core 64-bit RISC processor (The CPU and the RSP) (120+ FPS).

The PS2 was at least 10 times faster than the original playstation in most aspects... ;D

It's definitely the GPU... sadly you couldn't really play Crysis with it at minimum or medium settings so how would you be able to run PCSX2 well? It's similarly as intensive on the CPU and GPU at those settings (but Crysis doesn't support HT either).
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin