Are the erom,rom1 and rom2 used for something?
...because the emu is running just fine only with the bin file...what is their purpose?

Sponsored links

they are, as far as I know, used by the PS2 to run the cDVDs, and the reason PCSX2 doesn't need them is because it has that part already emulated.

(I could be WAY off, too, but that's my guess)
ROM1 is the CDVD player. If you have ROM1 and one of the actual CDVD plugins (an iso plugin won't cut it), then you can actually enter and use the PS2 CDVD audio player to play music.

ROM2 and EROM are fairly useless. ROM2 is some chinese-specific rom that more or less just contains the chinese character set, or something. EROM is a set of extensions to the CDVD player, I think. I'm not totally sure what its purpose is.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(03-18-2009, 08:31 PM)Air Wrote: ROM1 is the CDVD player. If you have ROM1 and one of the actual CDVD plugins (an iso plugin won't cut it), then you can actually enter and use the PS2 CDVD audio player to play music.
pcsx2 can play CDs and DVDs like the ps2 does?
(03-18-2009, 08:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: pcsx2 can play CDs and DVDs like the ps2 does?

I've been told it does, but admittedly I've never bothered to try. I'd have to burn myself an audio CD to give it a try. It only works with Peops CDVD and Gigaherz CDVD plugins, from what I was told, and may require SPU2ghz or SPU2-X also. (I'm not sure if the spdif stuff in SPU2-X still works since I never tested it).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Saiki Wrote:pcsx2 can play CDs and DVDs like the ps2 does?

Biggrin yea it can...I didn't know that Smile
interesting, I'll have to try that later Smile
(03-18-2009, 08:49 PM)Saiki Wrote: interesting, I'll have to try that later Smile

I just made one mp3 to audio disk(ISO) and it's working...but it gives me awful skipping sound and this error Tongue2

IOP Unknown 8bit write to addr 0x1f402009 = 0x0
line after line.I'm using SPU2-X
I don't use SPU2-X, I use that other one (not peops) but I didn't even know it was possible, it didn't used to be.
(03-18-2009, 09:01 PM)Saiki Wrote: I don't use SPU2-X, I use that other one (not peops) but I didn't even know it was possible, it didn't used to be.

Well I use ZeroSPU2 most of the time and SPU2-X only to test if the game will run at good speed when I'm using it or will it reduce the skipping sound.

Also I have one qustion...I don't remember when wast the last time when everything was working without problems but now it's REAL pain to go to the bios while I'm using GSdx.Is this GSdx problem or...because when I'm trying different CDVD/SPU plugins I somehow can make it work(with ZeroGS is ok with every plugin)but it's not like when I find what combination I should use,that combination will always work.

Before I always used GSdx,ZeroSPU2/SPUNull and CDVDNull to go to the bios