Are there still games that cant be run at full speed regardless of hardware?
Are there still emulated ps2 games on pcx2 that you cant simply run at full speed without speed hacks even if you have something ridiculous like a 
5.5 GHZ 6700k and a 980 TI?

Sponsored links

ZOE 2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-29-2016, 07:37 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ZOE 2

Which part?

I remember running the first 30 minutes or so and the game kept itself at 60 FPS on my i5 4460.

I probably had some sort of speed hacks enabled however.
1.The first boss battle(especially while using mummy)
The closer you get to her,the lower the speed it will become and use when you use your shield(mummy)...here the speed drops instantly below 10(and that's on native resolution...forget about anything above)
During that battle the vram usage is really high and "Allow 8-Bit Textures" helps reducing that a lot but in exchange,it increases the gpu usage a lot

2.The first time you fight(unwinnable)battle against Anubis...the situation is almost the same
isn't that vram issue all over the place in that game? texture cache thing. i got it. i've seen that. i guess some hardware can deal with that, but yep... most of the transparency and gs fillrate things and the emulation of this and the constant memory updates the engine does are heavy. i just googled that even the hd ports run like crap. Smile

a fine candidate for a load of custom fixes.
So even someone with an OC'd i7-6700K on a watercooler wouldn't be able to run this game at full speed with 2 12GB Vram Titans?
Snowblind engine games like Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 and Champions of Norrath and Return To Arms all drop in FPS no matter the hardware.
(01-29-2016, 11:01 PM)bomblord Wrote: So even someone with an OC'd i7-6700K on a watercooler wouldn't be able to run this game at full speed with 2 12GB Vram Titans?

Probably not, and sli wouldn't help at all. The game isn't slow because your cpu and gpu aren't fast enough. It's slow because it's doing things that the ps2 is good at and PCs aren't, like uploading textures to the gpu rapidly or using tons of draw calls per frame, for example.
(01-29-2016, 11:09 PM)Topken Wrote: Snowblind engine games like Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 and Champions of Norrath and Return To Arms all drop in FPS no matter the hardware.

Wasn't there a 4GB "hack" of version 1.3.X (or maybe 1.1.X, this was a long time ago) that could run the Snowblind games at full speed?
(02-03-2016, 03:37 AM)Alakazander Wrote: Wasn't there a 4GB "hack" of version 1.3.X (or maybe 1.1.X, this was a long time ago) that could run the Snowblind games at full speed?

This has been built in the PCSX2 client itself now, the hack is no longer required.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)