Are these Specs perfect for pcsx2?
Hello,

I was looking at an AlienWare® computer as close to my budget as possible and wondered... Could it run PCSX2 with little to no problems? The reason i ask is that its $700.00 and if it cant run PCSX2 good, then theres no need to purchase this one.

Specs
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2320 3.0GHz (6MB Cache) with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 or Intel® Core™ i7-2600 3.4GHz (8MB Cache) with Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Screen N/A
Resolution Supports up to 1920 x 1080 resolutions
Weight Starting weight 12.1 lbs.
Memory 4GB Dual Channel 1333 Mhz DDR3, 6GB 1333 Mhz DDR3, or 8GB Dual Channel 1333 Mhz DDR3
Storage 1TB (32MB Cache) 7,200RPM Hard Drives
Graphics Card 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 545, 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 555

Im hoping with the right configuration it would run Soul Calibur 3, Persona 4, and any game that pushes PCSX2 to the max.

Thanks.
Processor: Pentium® Dual Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHZ
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545

Sponsored links

You will be able to play many games at nearbout full speed but games such as shadow of collosus will still lag.
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
(06-20-2012, 08:13 PM)PostalDude Wrote: You will be able to play many games at nearbout full speed but games such as shadow of collosus will still lag.

So you can compare:

i7 3.40Ghz + HD7870 + 8GB 1600 RAM (Win7-64): In some games there's a small drop in fps but nothing that makes the games unplayable.
Just FYI, mentioned Soul Calibur 3 requires older GSdx version like r4600(aka current stable = 0.9.8), it lags caused by texture cache change which potentially fixed loads of other games, but SC3 is one of those who got a mayor slowdown couse of that:](the other one I know getting same slowdown - Bleach Blade Battlers 2).

Also SotC will require VU cycle stealing speedhack on pretty much any configuration, but on such cpu you wouldn't need much to run it at full speed, soo it doesn't matter soo much.

Edit:
Oh almost forgot;P and if those two GPU's listed will work in SLI, you'll have really AWFULL performance;], PCSX2 doesn't really like it.

Ooops;P yeah, didn't notice it was 2 different configs and laptops, somehow my eyes noticed only 2 gpu's there=_=;. anyway other than edit, still counts for both of them. Also I would add Persona 4 surely isn't pushing pcsx2 to it's limit;P, I generally think among those 2 laptops, bigger and obviously more "visible" difference would have gpu, than those 400mhz of difference, not sure what to expect of GT545, but surely it wouldn't allow full hd internal res in all games, through that wouldn't really matter on laptop display, soo it would be a point only when connecting to a modern sized HD TV:].
it is Laptop vs PC specs which is better not 2 different CPUs one mobile and one not and 2 SLI GPUs Tongue
Quote:Just FYI, mentioned Soul Calibur 3 requires older GSdx version like r4600(aka current stable = 0.9.8), it lags caused by texture cache change which potentially fixed loads of other games, but SC3 is one of those who got a mayor slowdown couse of that:](

Not the case anymore AFAIK, ticking allow 8-bit textures makes the game work fine.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for the help, now all i have to do is find a job to get my precious AlienWare® computer o_O
Processor: Pentium® Dual Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHZ
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545