Are these fully playable?
I just want to make sure before I waste many, many hours and ruin my first complete playthroughs for these.

Rogue Galaxy
Xenosaga 1,2,3
Dragon Quest VIII
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 1,2

Sponsored links

Compatibility list. Use it. http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I did. But, obviously, there's tons of games which are labelled as Playable but do actually have problems. I've actually seen games labeled as playable that you can't even finish no matter the settings (at least any settings that me and some other posters could find.)

I'm just asking if someone's whose completed these games on PCSX2 is it's fully playable and on what version, etc.
At least Xenosaga 1,2,3 are fully playable. For the rest a quick forum search should give you any answer you seek.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I already tried. I used several keywords and they either turned up nothing, nothing important, or so many threads that I couldn't find an answer in a reasonable amount of time.
many games are playable fully but for many you have to use software mode or other settings that reduce the speed but speed has nothing to do with a game being fully playable Smile
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Do you know anything about these particular games?
Sigh... just try them and if you find any particular problems search/ask in the forums.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i will just add to what shadow lady said cause most problems can be fixed by altering your settings or using a particular pcsx2 version. there are maaaaany games that are playable.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-31-2010, 12:45 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Sigh... just try them and if you find any particular problems search/ask in the forums.

It's a simple question that anyone can respond to or not. Not reason to get upset. Just move along if you don't have anything to add. Common courtesy in my opinion.

But, seriously, give me one good reason why I would waste 15+ hours on a game that I might not be able to finish when this is my first time playing through and having to stop for another time and then replay through that part could potentially ruin the entire game for me for a long time. No, I'd rather just spend two seconds on a forum and ask others to spend two seconds if they have something to add. Also, surely you know that there are many games that are just plain not playable no matter what. What if one of these games is one such game?