Are these good specs on a laptop?
Recently, i build a desktop, and it runs pcsx2 (and all games i tried) perfectly. But i need a laptop to play on, and im not gonna be bothered to build one now.

I found a nice i7 Aser laptop for only $600, and I know it will run my games (mainly kingdom hearts and kingdom hearts 2) on it. I just wanna make sure that aser is a good laptop and the specs are worth the $600.

rocessor: 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Processor 2.2GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.9GHz (6MB L3 cache)
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 3000 with 128MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1
Display: 15.6" HD Widescreen CineCrystal™ LED-backlit Display, 1366x768 resolution; 16:9 aspect ratio
Memory: 4GB DDR3 memory, 8GB Maximum
Storage Drive: 500GB 5400RPM Serial ATA hard disk drive
Optical Drive: 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
Audio: Optimized Dolby® Advanced Audio® v2 audio enhancement, featuring Audio Optimizer, Audio Regulator, Volume Leveler, Volume Maximizer, and Surround Virtualizer for Built-in Speakers technologies, High Definition Audio Support, Two Stereo Speakers and Built-in Microphone

What do you think?

Sponsored links

The CPU is quite powerful, and so is the RAM. The GPU....I honestly have no clue how that will run PCSX2, but I'll bet with some speed hack tweaking the the newly implemented VTMU (?) hack, it should take advantage of CPUs with more than two cores. In this case, the Core i7 being a quad core, that hack would be a welcome addition. But I digress, I'll let the experts verify just how capable the Intel HD 3000 is for PS2 emulation.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
It's crap and will be your limiting factor I'm afraid Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
If I were him I'd rather use software rendering Mellow.
I have the same CPU and can say you will be able to play" Most" games at full speed in Software Mode using the MTvu hack which is only available on later svn`s (not available in 0.9.8)
But you should also set extra render cores in gdsx, i set mine to 6 when using SW
But as for value for money? i7 for $600 with a crap video card, really depends on what you want to use it for, playing Pcsx2 on software mode sounds good to you? Then go for it Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*