Are we ever going to get Exclusive Fullscreen?
The input lag on pcsx2 is just unbearable. Dolphin has it, and the difference between it and pcsx2 is so apparent. Why doesn't pcsx2 have exclusive fullscreen?

Sponsored links

because you didn't implement it ?
when can you do it , please ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-18-2019, 06:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: because you didn't implement it ?
when can you do it , please ?
so it's my job to put it in?
is it ours ?
(10-18-2019, 08:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: is it ours ?
i didn't ask anyone to do anything
good.
then, it's highly possible you'll have to keep using dolphin Smile
Scrabb is asking a normal question here? I too I am wondering if this would be a possibility in the future, as fullscreen mode seems to run significantly better on my PC.

In this reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme...reen_mode/) one of the devs said it was being worked on. Just out of curiosity, what would be the problems in implementing it for an emulator like PCSX2?
(10-18-2019, 10:35 PM)Renatar567 Wrote: Scrabb is asking a normal question here? I too I am wondering if this would be a possibility in the future, as fullscreen mode seems to run significantly better on my PC.

In this reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme...reen_mode/) one of the devs said it was being worked on. Just out of curiosity, what would be the problems in implementing it for an emulator like PCSX2?

you mean this :
Quote:People probably don't remember this, but there was controversy over Dolphin adding Exclusive Fullscreen and it ended up being a ~6 month long project with tons of regressions, crashes and other issues spread out across multiple backends.

It's a lot of work to get exclusive fullscreen working well with something as complex as a multi-window emulator. Or maybe Dolphin/PCSX2 just weren't designed well for it originally, so actually getting them to work with it takes more work than with most projects.

I know this is a real and legit question.
but the way it has been asked and the tone the op actually used is quite harsh for a 1st post.
some people need to realise this is a free project, made by devs on their free time. they can't just add a feature because someone asks it the same way a spoilt child would do to get the latest console from Sony
It's not a priority, that said anyone with the will, knowledge, and time can re implement it properly.

See https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-blog-A-n...fullscreen
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Whoever does this will be a hero to me Tongue2. I can force exclusive fullscreen in DX11 with a very old Special K build and pressing alt+enter shortly after booting a game, but if I alt+tab, it can be hard to go back to fullscreen. I made instructions for this, but in the past some of the users that wanted to use my 3D Vision mod got stuck at the fullscreen step.

Apart from that, vsync and G-Sync behave better with exclusive fullscreen in my opinion.

I wish I could help, but I'm not of much use apart from shader modding (much less if this feature causes as much trouble as Dolphin). Good luck with all this, if it gets done (I hope it gets announced all over the internet) Smile.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR