Aren't my specs good enough?
5GB ram
Nvidia Geforce GTS 570
AMD Phenom 965 Quad core, 3.4 ghz. Overclocked to 3.8.
Windows 7 Ultimate

All drivers updated.

I tried running Rogue Galaxy and it lags a lot in certain area's, mostly battles.

I tried running Samurai Warriors 2 and it freezes on me in game when I use Musou when your life bar is in red. Also, lags a bit when coming upon big groups of soldiers.

I tried maxing out with 6x native resolution, but that should be more than fine with my specs, right?

I tried FF12, and it lagged on me almost all the time.

I tried FF10 and there was next to no lag at all.

What could my problems be? Do I need to make adjustments with the settings, or are my specs aren't as good as I think they are?

Sponsored links

Well, definitely, you want to try running PCSX2 without 6x native (This setting actually has 1024 times as many pixels as native resolution!). Just because you can run it smoothly in FFX does not mean you can run it in FF12. One of the reasons behind this is that FFX is actually much less system-intensive than FFXII. Try setting it down to native, and see if you still lag. If you are, try using speedhacks (found under emulation settings) to try and get to 60 FPS. However, if you aren't lagging, feel free to try increasing your internal resolution again.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I've tried it in native, and the graphics just don't look good to me. The graphics seem real gritty, you know what I mean? Oddly enough though the text is not as sharp when the games are in native resolution. I am streaming online so I want the best graphics for my audience. Also, I'd want good performance from my end as well however. What would you judge my specs from 1 to 10. They should be above the recommended requirements I would think. I also understand FF12 is a graphic-intensive game.
All I'm telling you is that if you're lagging in native, you might want to try using a few speedhacks, preferably using the presets slider at the bottom of those options.

If you're not lagging in native, you should be all good to go. Try 4x Native. Your viewers are most likely not going to realize any difference between that and 6x Native. Besides, 4x Native resolution is higher than the maximum resolution you are going to get with most monitors (2060x2060), yet 64x more pixels than native mode. (As you can guess, 64x is much less intensive than 1024x).

All in all, just play around in the settings until you find something that works.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Alright, I'll go ahead and give it a shot. I'll let you know how it runs when I get done testing. By the way, would speed have anything to do with 8-bit textures or texture filtering? And, I have it set to aggressive in the presets. Custom window size in GS Windows is 1280 x 720, widescreen 16:9. Should I lower that? Also, some games shake a bit and I assume the interlacing stops that, but I'm not sure which is the best to use that wouldn't destroy the quality of the game.
Yes "allow 8-bit textures" can cause a slowdown or speedup depending on the game, try turning it on/off.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-10-2011, 04:34 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: PCSX2 without 6x native (This setting actually has 1024 times as many pixels as native resolution!).

(06-10-2011, 04:51 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: 4x Native resolution is higher than the maximum resolution you are going to get with most monitors (2060x2060), yet 64x more pixels than native mode. (As you can guess, 64x is much less intensive than 1024x).

MyDreamName you don't understand the internal resolution numbers:

"6x native" is 36x more pixels than native, not 1024.
"4x native" is 16x more pixels, not 64.

Doesn't matter much but thought I'd mention anyway.
Ah, you're entirely correct. I multiplied that number by four each time when that would only apply to 2x native. My bad.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I tried it, and even Dark Cloud now is not running smooth which is ridiculous because the game is not that graphical and my specs are pretty decent. Does Pcsx2 not like Nvidia or something? I give up.
id say its because some games work better than others, and a quad core is just as good as a dual core when it comes to PCSX2.
and you cant compare any game to FFX, because as far as I know, thats the one of the games that PCSX2 runs the best.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.