Ask other emulator groups to help out
So it seem that development has slowed down for pcsx2 as it has been in development since the ps2 was practically released. In an effort of thinking up possible ways to pump some life back into the project. I was wondering if you have ever considered getting in contact with other emulator development teams to see if they have some people willing to help out. I have been following ppsspp development. They seem like a highly active development team. I know that programing a psp emulator is not the same as a ps2 emulator but still maybe they can help.

Sponsored links

There is some cross-emulator cooperation.
We are currently using the debugger of Dolphin IIRC.

Unfortunately there is not much common between these systems. Therefore these cooperations are more or less limited to high-level stuff. (as writing gamepad plugins).
To write code in the core you need to know the ps2 as well as pcsx2 quite well.

Most bugs that are nowadays open would need a lot of rewrite. And since pcsx2 works already quite well there is no real need to do so. I would expect cross-platform compatibility (towards linux and OSX) as next big step. Maybe OpenCL implementation at some point.
(02-25-2015, 07:30 PM)willkuer Wrote: There is some cross-emulator cooperation.

Our debugger is from PPSSPP Tongue2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well dammit... it was a 50/50 chance....
(02-25-2015, 07:30 PM)willkuer Wrote: There is some cross-emulator cooperation.

Unfortunately there is not much common between these systems. Therefore these cooperations are more or less limited to high-level stuff. (as writing gamepad plugins).
To write code in the core you need to know the ps2 as well as pcsx2 quite well.

Most bugs that are nowadays open would need a lot of rewrite. And since pcsx2 works already quite well there is no real need to do so. I would expect cross-platform compatibility (towards linux and OSX) as next big step. Maybe OpenCL implementation at some point.

Working is different then playable. Nearly half of all my games i have are in a working state but are not playable including the ones i really want to play. I know you have worked really hard to get it to this state. There is just one thing i have to question which is the development time line. Because of the fact a majority of the program was written years ago with what might now be outdated programming assets and has been constantly patched for years. You can clearly see the programs age and need for a some kinda over haul. You can only update something so much before a rewrite is needed and i think it has hit that point. I just really wish i was a programmer so i could help out because i want to see a smooth running ps2 emulator just as much as you do.
What games are you having issues with? 90% or more of PS2 games can get from new game to end credits, which I would definitely call playable.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
In the compatibility list (which is probably representative for all ps2 games since almost all games are included) we even have 94% playablilty... The question is if you consider games as snowblinde-engine games as playable since there are some restrictions. But as Blyss said - most games can be played from the beginning to the end.
(02-25-2015, 10:38 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: What games are you having issues with? 90% or more of PS2 games can get from new game to end credits, which I would definitely call playable.

The entire Ace Combat Series for example has a huge black grid that covers the entire screen also a terrain glitch the makes you nearly completely freeze whenever you look at the ground. Black is practically unplayable whenever you look in a particular direction your frame rate drop dramatically. The Socom game series has a screen fragment glitch the fills the screen along with things not spawning into the game. Need for speed underground 2 is slow its unplayable. Burnout 3 has the sky glitch out causing a memory leak.
Burnout 3 sky is fixable and I've never heard of a memory leak(and I play it a lot), I've not seen issues with Socom. Ace Combat graphical issues are fixed in software. NFSU2 is playable on strong enough hardware.

IDK about Black.
(02-26-2015, 03:30 AM)Neoboy11 Wrote: The entire Ace Combat Series for example has a huge black grid that covers the entire screen also a terrain glitch the makes you nearly completely freeze whenever you look at the ground. Black is practically unplayable whenever you look in a particular direction your frame rate drop dramatically. The Socom game series has a screen fragment glitch the fills the screen along with things not spawning into the game. Need for speed underground 2 is slow its unplayable. Burnout 3 has the sky glitch out causing a memory leak.

I've played NFS U2 on my pc at full speed. I've only had issues with Socom US navy seals combined assault.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]