Asking for Tri-Ace game CRC's
(03-28-2009, 06:31 AM)Goetter Wrote: Fan-undubbed RPGs usually have different CRCs, and the same SLUS. :nudge:

in a case like that, we would still want the gamefix to be 'on' for the fan-modified game.

the problem is if say FFXII and SO3 had the same SLUS number, we wouldn't want to make the tri-ace gamefix be 'on' for ffxii, we would want it ON only for SO3.

if all different games have unique SLUS numbers, then we can safely use SLUS for identification (since the above problem won't happen).
if not, then we'll stay with crcs.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code

Sponsored links

I think hard-coding should be on crc, but patches SL*S numbers, so we casn make the patches quicker and easier without having to open it in pcsx2 to get the crc.
(03-28-2009, 06:31 AM)Goetter Wrote: Fan-undubbed RPGs usually have different CRCs, and the same SLUS. :nudge:

funny if you watch closely you can see that many CRCs are tha same ! and all of them (except for one pal crc) match with my undub version Oo (wanted to post the CRCs)
also do you guys know about this? http://www.sonyindex.com/
it says they are unique oo
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
SLUS should be different for every game/region.
kabooz CRCs ARE different and unique,but the SLES/SLUS codes aren't. That's why we had to create the CRC system,because there are games which have the same SLES/SLUS code (they aren't supposed to,but they do)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-28-2009, 12:54 PM)Bositman Wrote: kabooz CRCs ARE different and unique,but the SLES/SLUS codes aren't. That's why we had to create the CRC system,because there are games which have the same SLES/SLUS code (they aren't supposed to,but they do)

Could you please a couple of titles which have the same sles/slus?
Here's an example: Dynasty Warriors 4 - Empires SLUS 20653 U
Dynasty Warriors 4 SLUS 20653 U
Ofcourse it's only a few games that share their slus/sles codes but that's enough to break the patch system so that's why we used CRCs instead
[Image: newsig.jpg]
there should still be an option due to this situation

if anyone uses an elf 1st and then run the cd/iso , it will be used the crc of the elf file ( in this case i'm refering to using for example a codebreaker disc )
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
bosit - that's not true according to gamefaqs or the sony index site. Both show SLUS-20938 (and only that) for empires (U).
(03-28-2009, 04:44 PM)Bositman Wrote: Here's an example: Dynasty Warriors 4 - Empires SLUS 20653 U
Dynasty Warriors 4 SLUS 20653 U
Ofcourse it's only a few games that share their slus/sles codes but that's enough to break the patch system so that's why we used CRCs instead

But DN4 Empires is 20938... It's impossible for the games to have same SLES/SLUS numbers, it's not like they are taken out of nowhere just for fun...