Asking for Tri-Ace game CRC's
Well that was just an example. We did have other games with same codes except from that (which could be a mistake since the games are pretty similar). Anyway,we are still using the CRC system nowadays because of those findings,if you can prove it's all false info without just basing it on 'that's the way sony says it should be' I guess we could drop the whole CRC system and use elfs instead like we used to
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(03-28-2009, 11:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: Well that was just an example. We did have other games with same codes except from that (which could be a mistake since the games are pretty similar). Anyway,we are still using the CRC system nowadays because of those findings,if you can prove it's all false info without just basing it on 'that's the way sony says it should be' I guess we could drop the whole CRC system and use elfs instead like we used to

You can use whatever you're comfortable with Smile
I'm just saying it's (hardly/im-)possible for two or more games to have same codes as long as it's not some chinese hacks. A big part of making/distribution process depends on serial numbers/codes, it would create tons of commotion among various establishments within developer-to-consumer chain if the shipments of different games had a same code. These codes do not just come out of nowhere.
The CRC system is probably best for the patch system, they're both pretty useless and problematic so it fits Tongue
As for important gamehacks, it'd be best to apply those on serials, as the SLES doesn't change through modifications to the CD/ISO, etc.
And as for several games having the same SLES serial, that's still not proved to actually happen. Nothing is said about it in that sony index, either, and you'd think they'd know.
Even if those things do happen, it would be between similar games that you wouldn't care to differentiate between. It's well worth the advantages of SLES serials.