"Assertion Failed" <--- What on earth is this ?
the game fixes change stuff such as timings. It can cause a bug later down line in some cases
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

you read the warnings in those pictures your posted yes? In the first picture what you did is a big no no 2nd picture just as much they can and will breaking thing just cause one game work with that stuff dont mean another will it also dont mean the entire game will play the same. they are speed hacks for reason

there possibility the laptop cpu is not power full enough for what your trying to play with out speedhack which make work for some game and some parts of said game but break others completely. the cpu has stp power but the better question is what is the gpu your using. if your using the intel gpu that could be issue. if that your only choice for gpu then you have an issue that cant be resolve if the problem with framerates are due to the intel gpu.
Excellent. I have set my configuration to your recommendations and not only have I been able to proceed with my game, It is also performing quite well.

Currently running 3x native with consistent 60fps.

Where can I learn more about speedhacks and game fixes ? Is there a thread which elaborates on their functions / when to use them ?
For gamefix:
Just play the games.
If a game is not working come back, use the search function (better not unofficial youtube vids) and ask for help.
It is extremely rare that a game requires a manual gamefix.

For speedhacks:
Just enable all recommended speedhacks all the time (tickboxes).
If you see slowdowns try the other speedhacks (MTVU -> EE cycle rate -> VU cycle stealing) one by one and check FPS for optimum. VU cycle stealing can and will produce false fps readings.

If you want to know the meaning of the gamefixes and speedhacks look into the official configuration guide and/or use the search function.
Yeah, gamefixes are normally enabled automatically when pcsx2 detects a game that requires one, so unless pcsx2 doesn't have your crc in it's list there is no reason to use manual gamefixes
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-11-2015, 02:04 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, gamefixes are normally enabled automatically when pcsx2 detects a game that requires one, so unless pcsx2 doesn't have your crc in it's list there is no reason to use manual gamefixes

The automatic game fixes checkboxes at the configuration panel are applied only according to the serial number of the game (e.g. SCES-50760). The fixes are at GameIndex.dbf at the PCSX2 folder (for games which have game fixes) or online here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PCSX2/...eIndex.dbf .

However, the automatic game fixes also have some specific patches for specific games (which do not appear as checkboxes at the configuration panel), so these patches do need the CRC to be correct. These are also at GameIndex.dbf .

GSdx, on the other hand, applies its game-specific fixes only according to the game's CRC, using the following list of games/CRCs: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast.../GSCrc.cpp