Assertion failed in function ReadFIFO_VIF1
The crash happens when I want to view a replay of Gran Turismo 4 IA-15 license test. After this text box appears, I can only press abort or retry, both of which crashes the emulator. Can anyone help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 11,61 KB / Downloads: 102)

Sponsored links

I basically had the same issue a few days ago. I spent tons of time trying to troubleshoot and messing with settings between both stable and nightly. This was the only thing that got it past that load crash point.
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-gt4-VIF-FIFO-READ-error

Try this:
Well not 30 seconds later I was looking over the log and I noticed it said this, " Thread: EE Core". That prompted me to look in the EE/IOP settings and I changed it from Re-compiler to Interpreter to get past the load screen that would constantly crash.

It was able to successfully load the license test, which I promptly reverted back to Interpreter to get back up running full speed. I might have found a successful workaround but I would love to hear if there is a better 'fix' than manually going back and forth between the two.
(07-31-2022, 11:01 PM)lostcause Wrote: I basically had the same issue a few days ago. I spent tons of time trying to troubleshoot and messing with settings between both stable and nightly. This was the only thing that got it past that load crash point.
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-gt4-VIF-FIFO-READ-error

Try this:
Well not 30 seconds later I was looking over the log and I noticed it said this, " Thread: EE Core". That prompted me to look in the EE/IOP settings and I changed it from Re-compiler to Interpreter to get past the load screen that would constantly crash.

It was able to successfully load the license test, which I promptly reverted back to Interpreter to get back up running full speed. I might have found a successful workaround but I would love to hear if there is a better 'fix' than manually going back and forth between the two.

Thanks for replying. I just knew that you have made a thread before me about roughly the same issue that I have, however when using the fix you proposed, it resulted in "data is corrupted". After looking at the logs, our errors are slightly different, and I have come to the conclusion that my replay file is corrupted. Either way, thank you for bothering to reply and help me Biggrin
(08-01-2022, 04:32 AM)Notchmaster Wrote: Thanks for replying. I just knew that you have made a thread before me about roughly the same issue that I have, however when using the fix you proposed, it resulted in "data is corrupted". After looking at the logs, our errors are slightly different, and I have come to the conclusion that my replay file is corrupted. Either way, thank you for bothering to reply and help me Biggrin

Sorry! Wish I could be more helpful. I will say that I typically use the nightly builds and I'm constantly updating it. The other day I think the update corrupted my memory card file because it wouldn't load anymore as if I didn't have a save game. Maybe something similar happened in your situation.