Asset Ripping in PCSX2
Hello all,

I am working on a special project involving the recreation of Jak X: Combat Racing in Unity in an effort to enable mod support and better online playability and i was wondering if there was a way to reliably rip models and textures using PCSX2? 

I don't need the models to be perfect, as I planned on re-texturing and modifying them somewhat, but I've been trying to find information about the subject of model ripping and none of the forums or tutorials are yielding any easily executable results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

using latest dev build should help
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, from what I've been able to dig up online it appears as though asset models only rip in a 2d format. I tried ripping models from TMNT (Ubisoft) and the model came out warped, and the UVs weren't wrapped properly either.

I've also found that from personal experience Ninja Ripper does not work very well, at least on the 1.6.0 release. The only thing I got from it was broken textures, but I also had the wrong version of Blender so I wasn't able to check the condition of the models.

I'll try the new release, but are there any new features or tools that would help in the textures department?
no
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go