Assistance with Disgaea
Hello there guys! I suppose I should begin with I am relatively new to using emulators so I don't know much about specifics of them. But to get to my question, I have a problem where on the map "Prinny Land" Whenever a prinny uses Prinny Barage, it disappears thus rendering the attack uncompleted and I'm forever stuck in the cinematic for the attack. This goes along with another issue where Kurtis, the boss of the Gargantuan Interior, can knock my players out of the map, literally, rendering them immovable (and he loves to do it to my strongest characters as well >_<). This "Kurtis glitch", as I have come to call it, has also taken place in the dark assembly and has rendered the game very hard to finish, which really sucks because I've spent a lot of time playing it! In addition, during the Prinny Barrage attack I get this message from the command line -

(EE pc:0019FE28) TLB Miss, addr=0x18 [load]

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Well, we have a special rule about not helping with Disgaea...

Just kidding obviously Tongue

Usually TLB miss is bad cheats or bad ISO. If you are using cheats, disable them. If not, rerip your ISO from your disc with IMGBURN.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-10-2014, 04:46 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well, we have a special rule about not helping with Disgaea...

Just kidding obviously Tongue

Usually TLB miss is bad cheats or bad ISO. If you are using cheats, disable them. If not, rerip your ISO from your disc with IMGBURN.

Alright will do! I didn't try that due to the fact my disc is in almost perfect condition so I didn't think that could be the case. Come to think of it sometimes certain characters show up as simply an error sign when viewed from a certain angle... That could be because of a shoddy iso?
Yeah, it could be. If the data for a sprite can't be read, it's possible the game just shows an error placeholder.

Also, just to check, you haven't changed rounding or clamping modes, or haven't set really aggressive speedhack settings have you? Make sure to try with default settings too.

And also, what version of PCSX2 are you using?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-10-2014, 04:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yeah, it could be. If the data for a sprite can't be read, it's possible the game just shows an error placeholder.

Also, just to check, you haven't changed rounding or clamping modes, or haven't set really aggressive speedhack settings have you? Make sure to try with default settings too.

And also, what version of PCSX2 are you using?

I have everything set at the defaults, and I am using version 1.2.1. Yeah I was using a frame skip, but after these problems I set everything back to their defaults.
Frame skip can definitely cause this type of problem. But shouldn't cause TLB miss though. Try make new ISO.
(07-10-2014, 05:02 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Frame skip can definitely cause this type of problem. But shouldn't cause TLB miss though. Try make new ISO.

In the process at the moment, I'll let you know if this solves my issue Smile
Re burning the disc worked wonders! Thank you so much you can go ahead and mark this as solved or whatever Smile

<3 <3 <3 <3