Asus G73 laptop running Kingdom Hearts 2... Low FPS!?
Okay, I have no idea why my laptop is getting a low fps on Kingdom Hearts 2.. (40-50 fps) I need 60-65 fps

can anyone give me any advice for optimal settings?

my laptop specs are:
Intel Core i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.6 GHz
6 GB ram
64 bit windows 7

I know it is powerful enough, I can max out any game on the market with no issues, why cant KH run smooth? please HELP!

Sponsored links

The answer is simple, too low CPU clocks. I can't say about the video device but it can be under specifications too, as commonly they are in laptops.

The turbo is almost granted will not work with PCSX2, you may need some application to force it up for the gaming session.

Speed hacks certainly will help you to get some performance enhancement although losing some accuracy and maybe getting lags in some stages.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-20-2010, 05:20 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The answer is simple, too low CPU clocks. I can't say about the video device but it can be under specifications too, as commonly they are in laptops.

The turbo is almost granted will not work with PCSX2, you may need some application to force it up for the gaming session.

Speed hacks certainly will help you to get some performance enhancement although losing some accuracy and maybe getting lags in some stages.

I've posted this to a similar thread on a different game, I've noticed speed ups by switching around Direct X 9 and Direct X 10 in the Video Plugin's settings (Most speed ups come from DX10 for me and sometimes
when switching out of the "Native" PS2 display settings)
Not sure what it does, but I frequently hit around 200 FPS on games by toggling F9 during gameplay, some games though seem to slow it down.
No the laptop is powerful as I have the exact same laptop and run FF12 great. Can't say how different this game is but G73 is powerful. The video card is ATI Mobility Radeon 5870.
Not so powerful -- KH2 is 15% more demanding than FFXII and KH1. And i7-720QM maximum frequency in 2.4GHZ in 2-core mode that should be enough for 50 fps here.
Thats not all to true because i have a

Duo 2 core Processer @1.8ghz
2 GB DDR
x3100 intel

and im able to play it from 55-84. His computer is way more powerful than mine is so he infact should be able to play it maybe. (Sound unsynced)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Abused VU cycle stealing and FPS limiter disabled to compensate is hardly what we call normal. The behavior is too erratic, still it can be indeed the best solution in these cases.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Acually i just sacrificed my amazing sound quality for fps but didnt use alot of speed hack kinda don't use them until i must have sound.