Atelier Iris 3 Grand Phantasm
Hello,

I seem to be having problems. I was playing Atelier Iris 3 and was in Grimore Castle. I ran into an enemy and the screen turned black. I looked it up and it said to try using F1 to save state. I tried and it didn't work. Tried to load also didn't work. The program log window had a list of red text followed by a Trap Exception error. I opened up PCSX2 again so the logs overwritten. If you need them I will try to get the error again.

System Settings:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8137 MB
CPU name = AMD FX™-8150 Eight-Core Processor
CPU speed = 3.611 ghz (8 logical threads)
GPU = AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

PCSX2 Settings:
Version:1.0.0.r5350
GS:sse4-r5350
PAD:lilypad-r5350
SPU2:spu2-x-r5350
CDVD:cdvdGigaherz

This has happened twice now, both times had the same problems, but they occurred in different spots. Also I believe the list of text before the Exception error was different. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

I've got the same issue on occasion - oddly enough, I'm also running a Radeon 7700 series card. I'm suspecting that it has something to do with loading the encounter screen blur animation, but I'm not sure. I'm planning on tweaking some of my graphics settings or applying some of the fixes and seeing if it helps, I'll check in if I find anything.
My console logs show:
EE pc:00164134 TLB Miss, addr=0x0 [store] ---- multiple addresses
EE pc:0016415C TLB Miss, addr=0x20 [store] ---- also multiple addresses
EE pc:00164134 TLB Miss, addr=0x170 [store] ---- addresses 0x170-17A
Trap Exception at 0x0082308

Are you using any codes from a pnach file or are you running it straight?
I finished this game without any issue. Are you using cheats? I used all default settings except for the MTVU hack. There were small graphical glitches, but nothing game breaking. I used DX 9 if it matters. I am also using a Radeon card but mine is a 6970.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
Lots of TLB misses could also be related to a bad iso dump of the game. You could try making another iso again. I always recommend imgburn.
(01-02-2013, 08:02 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Lots of TLB misses could also be related to a bad iso dump of the game. You could try making another iso again. I always recommend imgburn.

I'm thinking you're right...I think my original disc is in a storage unit across the country though Tongue

Another edit: From a GameFaqs review:

"Overall, the game is definitely an excellent addition to the Atelier series. If there was one drawback to the game that I could name, it would have to be the fact that the game occasionally freezes when going into battle. It happens extremely rarely, and will probably only be encountered once, if at all during any playthrough. So just make sure you save every time you're about to go into a dungeon, and you should avoid losing too much progress. Chances are, it won't even happen."

Guess it's real bug after all?
I thought I saw somewhere that battle freezes could be caused by the MTVU hack being enabled. Try disabling it (assuming you have it enabled) and see if that helps with battle freezes. This is mostly speculation, but it wouldnt hurt to try.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I'll give that a shot while I'm messing around with it. The MD5 checksum of my ISO passes so I don't think it's the image that's the problem. If it still occurs without the MTVU hack, I can only assume that it's an actual bug with the game itself as the one review suggests.