Atelier Marie + Elie Salburg no Renkinjutsushi 1&2 Issue
Hi. So, I've been playing this game for about 15 hours, and I finally ran into a problem where the game hangs. I've tried changing most settings in the emulator to try and figure out if I could work around my problem, to no avail.

What happens is an event between Marie and Hallesch about obtaining a dragon fang. There is a text scroll while the story is explained in detail, and right as it ends and tries to come back to the standard image and text, it hangs prior to bringing up the text box. The music continues to play but the text scroll stops at the top of the screen, and EE% shoots up to 100 and fps drops to ~20fps or so. All I figured out was that it wasn't directly the cause of Hallesch's image fading in, nor the text scroll itself, because based on the speed of emulation the bottom of the text scroll may be slightly further up, or Hallesh slightly faded out.

So, I'm looking for some help trying to solve this issue. AFAIK, it isn't the game itself. I would've tried messing with debug options but I'm not familiar with it at all. Didn't use any cheats or patches either. I've tried a few different versions of the emulator.

CPU: i5 2500k CPU @ 3.30ghz
8gb RAM
GPU: AMD HD 6950
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V

PCSX2 Version 1.2.1

Default/Recommended settings
dx9/11 in software mode
SPU2X recommended settings
Game is Atelier Marie + Elie Salburg no Renkinjutsushi 1&2 SLPM_661.40 running via ISO.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
could you reproduce the issue by loading from memory card ? Providing the Emulog would be more helpful.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-27-2015, 06:39 PM)ssakash Wrote: could you reproduce the issue by loading from memory card ? Providing the Emulog would be more helpful.

The issue is reproduced every time I try to view the event regardless of what plugins I use or whatever. I can upload my save file if you want. Here's the log.
I load from the memory card every time. The way this game works, the same events can happen on different days, but that variation makes no difference to the problem.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 9,54 KB / Downloads: 326)
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go