Atlus games setting's HOWTO
Thanks for this, if later on down the road you have more to add please do. This helped me out with Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. Smile
[Image: 1283060.png]

Sponsored links

Wonder if someone can help me.

I have ripped an NTSC version of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
using Alcohol 120%.

The game PLAYS perfectly fine but there is mad flickering on
whole screen whenever PCSX PG VTLB658 is rendering 3D
stuff.

I have tried more or less every combination of speed hacks
and other configurations. (using ZeroGS completely renders the game
unplayable)

I have an i7 @ 3.2GHZ with GTX280 GPU.
Flickering? Did you try to find a appropriate interlaced mode with F5 switch (blend bff for GSDX)? It help's for me. I use 677, and you comp are more powerful than my, so this game should be nice for you.
An i7? lucky you...
Yeah, choosing the correct interlacing mode fixes the flickering problems. 'Blend bff' looks the best, in my opinion.
Yeah the only prob per say with that game I haven't been able to fix with gdsx is the shadow overlapping your character bug.
Thank you very much Zeydlitz Smile
I wonder how I missed the interlacing I was
so sure I tried every config and pressed every button xD

Yeah the shadow overlapping the character
is somewhat annoying but it only seems to happen
on their feet and it's more or less not a problem compared
to the flickering I had.

Again thanks!
Yeah it's one of the least annoying graphical bugs I came across.
Before I say anything else, pardon me for the necro. Anyways...so I've been trying to play Digital Devil Saga 2, and for the most part, it seems like it's okay, except where FMVs (possibly cutscenes as well; I always exit before really starting because of the error) are concerned. Essentially, the game's screen is cut into two parts; the top part is a fraction of a second behind the bottom, causing a really weird graphical error. I tried the things suggested in this thread, but nothing seems to fix the error I have.

A screenshot of the error:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/K...tled-6.jpg

Note: the screenshot was taken with 0.9.4; the error is still present in 0.9.6, the split has simply moved.

My computer's specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
2x nVidia GeForce 8800GT (SLI)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows XP Pro 32bit

My current settings:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/K...ttings.jpg

Note: I have tried this with "wait vsync" unchecked, as well. It doesn't make a difference.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Try ZeroGS instead.
(03-04-2009, 09:19 PM)Solomon Wrote: Before I say anything else, pardon me for the necro. Anyways...so I've been trying to play Digital Devil Saga 2, and for the most part, it seems like it's okay, except where FMVs (possibly cutscenes as well; I always exit before really starting because of the error) are concerned. Essentially, the game's screen is cut into two parts; the top part is a fraction of a second behind the bottom, causing a really weird graphical error. I tried the things suggested in this thread, but nothing seems to fix the error I have.

A screenshot of the error:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/K...tled-6.jpg

Note: the screenshot was taken with 0.9.4; the error is still present in 0.9.6, the split has simply moved.

My computer's specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
2x nVidia GeForce 8800GT (SLI)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows XP Pro 32bit

My current settings:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/K...ttings.jpg

Note: I have tried this with "wait vsync" unchecked, as well. It doesn't make a difference.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Untick the wait vsync , click on the logaritimc Z and try to use native res ( tick on it )

I've played at least 4 times that game ( US Version ) and never got errors like that , if memory doesnt fail me the FMV problems are only on the PAL versiion where you can click on start or X to bypass them.

Only problem i had was with the clustering shadow image after fighting someone
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]