Attempting to run Need For Speed games.
Before I get started Imma display my Computer stuff/Hardware that it runs on.
CPU: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor (Uses 3 Cores and the base speed of it is 3.50 GHz. And no I didn't over clock it.)
Operating system: Windows 10 
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
(Not that much information that I have because I'm not a computer guy.)

Alright let me get started with my attempts on playing NFS games. The only games I find unplayable for me is NFS Carbon and Most wanted. They both are extremely slow but every time I attempt to increase the speed it doesn't work! I was thinking it might be the Iso but It must be something to do with my settings. The only game that is able to run properly is NFS Hot Pursuit 2. It runs smoothly and I didn't have any issues when I was playing. A little bit of FPS drops when I was streaming it originally. So please anyone out there in the community attempt to help me increase the speed of NFS Carbon and MW so I can play it!

Sponsored links

your cpu is quite weak and NFS games tend to be quite demanding.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Is there anything I could do to improve my CPU? Or do I just have to replace it with a much more powerful one.
(11-29-2019, 07:37 AM)IzanagifromPersona4 Wrote: Is there anything I could do to improve my CPU? Or do I just have to replace it with a much more powerful one.
you could overclock to improve a bit.
I've Heard about Overclocking but Its a little bit risky from what I heard. I really don't know how to overclock it but if your able to explain it on how to do overclock it it'll be grateful but if your unable to due to the rules that's fine.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
You can run pcsx2 in default setting if speed is what you want.
I use default setting and i get full speed on all my games.