Attn: Fedora 64-bit users
As you may or may not know, Fedora is pretty unique in the way that it runs 64-bit & 32-bit libraries side-by-side so you don't need a separate chroot for 32-bit stuff. So as long as you install the .i586 versions of the required libraries, you can build/run pcsx2 no problems on a 64-bit install.

I've finally got it working but what took me the longest to figure out was that you need the following package or you get a segfault when trying to launch a game (this assuming you're using an Nvidia card using the closed-source driver):

xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i586

I now have pcsx2 running with pretty much no problems, (nice speed too). Hope this helps someone else!

Sponsored links

How did you install that. Can you please give one by one instruction as i am very new to linux. Some problemis with my ATI HD3200 card to. could'nt find out how get it working in fedora 10 64 bit. Please help

(07-15-2009, 11:24 AM)eddd Wrote: As you may or may not know, Fedora is pretty unique in the way that it runs 64-bit & 32-bit libraries side-by-side so you don't need a separate chroot for 32-bit stuff. So as long as you install the .i586 versions of the required libraries, you can build/run pcsx2 no problems on a 64-bit install.

I've finally got it working but what took me the longest to figure out was that you need the following package or you get a segfault when trying to launch a game (this assuming you're using an Nvidia card using the closed-source driver):

xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i586

I now have pcsx2 running with pretty much no problems, (nice speed too). Hope this helps someone else!