Audio D-Sync and Lag on 60fps.
Don't put your notebook on a pillow. Put it onto a solid flat surface.

The other HDD you use is internal or external? If external, how do you connect it?

Sponsored links

(10-27-2015, 01:49 AM)willkuer Wrote: Don't put your notebook on a pillow. Put it onto a solid flat surface.

The other HDD you use is internal or external? If external, how do you connect it?

Internal, all three of my hard drives are built into my laptop. "Don't put your notebook on a pillow. Put it onto a solid flat surface." My question for my situation is a'little more unique than that. To clarify, my laptop is set above of a twin-fan cooling pad on top of a table, positioned diagonally 6ft away from that of almost constantly open balcony window. Where there is more often than not, a cool breeze that blows through.

However, my laptops vents are actually facing a wall less than a foot away from itself. I was wondering if something like this can cause ventilation issues. Forgive me for not going into specifics sooner.
Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium/Intel® Core ™ i74810MQ CPU @ 2.80ghz, 2801 mhz, 4 Cores(s), 8 Logical Processors/w Turbo Boost to 3.8ghz/
Dual-Channel DDR3 2x8 1600mhz Generic Memory/Nvidia Geforce GTX 980m SLI gddr5/Realtek-Onboard w/Sound Blaster X-Fi3 config
x3 SATA III 7300rpm 1 terrabyte HDD(s)/Triple Internal Fans w/ Targus Chill Hub pad
if your laptop is on a cooling pad that's fine, the wall being a foot away is fine Smile the main thing to check is when the laptop is busy and you can hear its internal fan going, you can feel warm air coming out of its vent
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-27-2015, 12:21 PM)refraction Wrote: if your laptop is on a cooling pad that's fine, the wall being a foot away is fine Smile the main thing to check is when the laptop is busy and you can hear its internal fan going, you can feel warm air coming out of its vent

That's great to hear as my fans do produce a fair amount of cool air when my laptop is under load. If not the fans, then perhaps my problems are with the mis-configuration of my PCSX2 settings instead? If that's the case, can you discern anything amiss from my screenshots?
Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium/Intel® Core ™ i74810MQ CPU @ 2.80ghz, 2801 mhz, 4 Cores(s), 8 Logical Processors/w Turbo Boost to 3.8ghz/
Dual-Channel DDR3 2x8 1600mhz Generic Memory/Nvidia Geforce GTX 980m SLI gddr5/Realtek-Onboard w/Sound Blaster X-Fi3 config
x3 SATA III 7300rpm 1 terrabyte HDD(s)/Triple Internal Fans w/ Targus Chill Hub pad
What about powersaving-> high performance and plugged notebook?
(10-29-2015, 09:55 AM)willkuer Wrote: What about powersaving-> high performance and plugged notebook?

I'm currently using balanced mode, all power saving settings are inactive. Also, my laptop is plugged in when I run PCSX2. High Performance mode doesn't seem to make a difference.
Whats the point of a balanced setting if all power saving features are turned off?

In the screenshots you showed the cpu wqs dynamically underclocked. This could create issues. Please make sure that this doesnt happen (aka disable powersaving). Can you please validate that the cpu multiplier keeps constant even in idle and that the clock frequency of your cpu is exactly how it was anounced in the advertisement.

Ah. And try latest git version. Could be an iGPU issue.
(10-30-2015, 09:25 AM)willkuer Wrote: Whats the point of a balanced setting if all power saving features are turned off?

In the screenshots you showed the cpu wqs dynamically underclocked. This could create issues. Please make sure that this doesnt happen (aka disable powersaving). Can you please validate that the cpu multiplier keeps constant even in idle and that the clock frequency of your cpu is exactly how it was anounced in the advertisement.

Ah. And try latest git version. Could be an iGPU issue.

It's my preference. I also dislike the idea of my processor running at maximum performance with a setting like "High Performance mode" whilst outside of running a game, whereas turbo-boost w/ "Balanced" mode can do this when it needs to.

Indeed? But whatever do you mean in disabling "powersaving?" The "Battery Saver" option is off, always. The "Power Saver" profile is otherwise inert, as my laptop doesn't switch between modes, not automatically anyway.

I had done this, and while there were some improvements, the problems were still often distinct and present.
Have you tried latest git?
Possibly gsdx is using your iGPU not your dGPU.
The "latest?" No, but I had tried one of the builds released no more than a few days ago.

I do not believe I have an integrated graphics component, or at-least not one that I can see listed on my computing units specifications. What I do have are two GTX 980m(s) running in tandem with each other through SLI.