Audio Peaking in 007: Agent Under Fire
I plugged in headphones directly into my PC and not the speakers, and the sound is not better. Even when I decrease the PC volume and not the speaker volume the sound doesn't fare much better.

Also, regarding the odd sound in Linear interpolation, I found that it occurs regardless of what interpolation I use.
I've checked across all audible frequencies and again with other games that have "loud" explosions, but they don't cause distortion like 007: AUF does.

I think that either my sound card's selective with this game, or that the audio files for this game itself are a little too loud to begin with, resulting in really loud and distorted sounds.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4

Sponsored links

(04-07-2015, 07:00 PM)junknaut Wrote: I plugged in headphones directly into my PC and not the speakers, and the sound is not better. Even when I decrease the PC volume and not the speaker volume the sound doesn't fare much better.

Also, regarding the odd sound in Linear interpolation, I found that it occurs regardless of what interpolation I use.
I've checked across all audible frequencies and again with other games that have "loud" explosions, but they don't cause distortion like 007: AUF does.

I think that either my sound card's selective with this game, or that the audio files for this game itself are a little too loud to begin with, resulting in really loud and distorted sounds.

Try it on your console, attempt to record it with a capture card and then see how the audio is. Or at least try to plug in headphones to your TV and/or monitor and see if it sounds better than PCSX2.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-07-2015, 07:03 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Try it on your console, attempt to record it with a capture card and then see how the audio is. Or at least try to plug in headphones to your TV and/or monitor and see if it sounds better than PCSX2.

I'd like to try that, but my PS2's packed away and I currently don't have time to take it out and set it up to try that. But from memory, I'm sure that out of a Sony CRT TV, the sound was fine.

I've had experiences with PSS's that sound terrible out of PC speakers but sound fine out of TV speakers. I'm thinking that's the case with the game.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
(04-07-2015, 08:24 PM)junknaut Wrote: I'd like to try that, but my PS2's packed away and I currently don't have time to take it out and set it up to try that. But from memory, I'm sure that out of a Sony CRT TV, the sound was fine.

I've had experiences with PSS's that sound terrible out of PC speakers but sound fine out of TV speakers. I'm thinking that's the case with the game.

Guessing a crap-ton of sounds are at the 24000Hz frequency... or 32000Hz.

The video's sound should be (if a proper PSS video) 48000Hz.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do