Audio in cutscenes sometimes disappear
Hello, I have a little problem with audio in some cutscenes in game Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem. 90% of cutscenes are good, no problems, but some of them don't play sound. There is short sound like *blip* and that's all. I have tried almost everything, update version from 1.2.1 to 1.4.0 to 1.5.0, reinstalling audio drivers, nothing helps. Does anybody know what is going on?

Sponsored links

Yeah, this also happen in Splinter Cell. Likely a SPU2x issue.
Have you try selecting directsound at spu setup ?
Why would you recommend trying DirectSound? It's a legacy backend and this isi probably a core issue
(06-30-2018, 05:55 PM)teots Wrote: Have you try selecting directsound at spu setup ?

Using it actually gives you a lot of similar problems
You should be using it only if nothing else works or on winxp along with some ancient audio card that don't work well with xaudio

I still don't know why the default module is portaudio on windows
(06-30-2018, 09:27 PM)CK1 Wrote: Why would you recommend trying DirectSound? It's a legacy backend and this isi probably a core issue

I used directsound with all my games without problem, just a suggestion. You might have better suggestion than me.
BTW what is legacy in simple explaination ?
Outdated/no longer supported...like dx9(you will not get any updates on it so if you get a bug while using it,you are on your own)
I tried DirectSound, XAudio and Portaudio but it's the same.
(06-30-2018, 10:11 PM)teots Wrote: I used directsound with all my games without problem, just a suggestion. You might have better suggestion than me.
BTW what is legacy in simple explaination ?

So, you should stop using directsound Legacy means old outdated broken and wont be worked on further.
(07-01-2018, 06:56 PM)weirdbeardgame Wrote: So, you should stop using directsound Legacy means old outdated broken and wont be worked on further.

Direct sound is part of directx, is it so bad in your point of vew ? Direct sound is running fine for me, I will stick to it.