Auto-Boot and Pre-Configure Games Separately
(08-16-2017, 03:15 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Looks more like a picture from a camera than a screenshot. ;P But anyway, everything looks good in there...not really sure what the problem is. I would say try relative paths instead of absolute ones to see if that makes a difference, although I seriously doubt it. So have it look like this and tell me if it makes a difference:

Code:
"C:\Games\Emulation\PCSX2 1.5.0 dev 2174\pcsx2.exe" "..\ROMS\Vampire Night (U).iso" --cfgpath="..\CONFIG\VN-inis"

Also, what does your "Start in" field look like? Does it match the path for the PCSX2 .exe file?

Does using --nogui make a difference?

Does putting quotation marks around the whole path for the PCSX2 .exe file make a difference at all? Also which version of PCSX2 are you using? And finally, does it work fine without using CLI?

So I managed to fix the problem.  Pretty simple solution actually, I started the game from my shortcut, hit escape reconfigured my usb plug ins(nuvee) and then went back into the game.  All works fine now, thanks for your suggestions.  Smile

Sponsored links

(08-16-2017, 03:15 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Does putting quotation marks around the whole path for the PCSX2 .exe file make a difference at all? Also which version of PCSX2 are you using? And finally, does it work fine without using CLI?

C:\Users\"Gil Faizon"\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen --nogui --fullboot
- crashes with error, interestingly

"C:\Users\Gil Faizon\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe" "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen --nogui --fullboot
- crashes with no error (also incompatible with emulationstation)
"C:\Users\Gil Faizon\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe" "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen --fullboot
- crashes with error (also incompatible with emulationstation)

C:\"Users"\"Gil Faizon"\".emulationstation"\"systems"\"pcsx2"\"pcsx2.exe" "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen --nogui --fullboot
- crashes with no error
C:\"Users"\"Gil Faizon"\".emulationstation"\"systems"\"pcsx2"\"pcsx2.exe" "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen --fullboot
- crashes with error

I am running the 1.4.0 Windows binary. Yes, it is working fine when running a game from the gui.
What if you take out --fullboot?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(08-18-2017, 06:17 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: What if you take out --fullboot?

No luck unfortunately.

I tried:

C:\Users\"Gil Faizon"\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen
C:\"Users"\"Gil Faizon"\".emulationstation"\"systems"\"pcsx2"\"pcsx2.exe" "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen
C:\Users\"Gil Faizon"\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "C:\isos\cf.iso"
C:\"Users"\"Gil Faizon"\".emulationstation"\"systems"\"pcsx2"\"pcsx2.exe" "C:\isos\cf.iso"

Again, when ISO is selected under CDVD I get the plugin error. When plugin > Linuz ISO is selected it gives me a prompt to choose an ISO instead of launching the one I passed. And when cdvdGigaherz or CDVDnull are selected it launches to the ps2 bios with no disc.

I am truly baffled. Wacko
Here is one of my configs.

Example
"D:\Program Files\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe" "D:\Program Files\PS2 Games\SCES_517.19.GRAN_TURISMO_4_EU.iso" --cfgpath="D:\Program Files\PS2 Games\Inis\GT4pal_ini"

Make sure Iso is selected in CDVD and "Always ask before booting" is not checked.
http://i.imgur.com/hTUpM9F.png

Make sure "Default to fullscreen mode on open" is checked.
http://i.imgur.com/Jlo7vB3.png
(08-18-2017, 02:02 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Here is one of my configs.

Example
"D:\Program Files\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe" "D:\Program Files\PS2 Games\SCES_517.19.GRAN_TURISMO_4_EU.iso" --cfgpath="D:\Program Files\PS2 Games\Inis\GT4pal_ini"

Make sure Iso is selected in CDVD and "Always ask before booting" is not checked.
http://i.imgur.com/hTUpM9F.png

Make sure "Default to fullscreen mode on open" is checked.
http://i.imgur.com/Jlo7vB3.png

Hey! Thanks for the examples lightningterror. What version of PCSX2 are you running? I'm not seeing an "Always ask before booting" option under CDVD on 1.4.0. Mine just has "Browse..." and the list of my recently opened ISOs. I do have "Default to fullscreen mode on open" checked. I tried passing a cfgpath to see if that would do anything, but unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.

I'm going to try some of the previous builds to see if I encounter the same issue.

If you have any other ideas please let me know!

Edit: Having the same issue on 1.2.1

[Image: W2A8ldF.jpg]
Quote:What version of PCSX2 are you running?
It's shown in the first pic Smile

Latest dev builds , well a few behind.
(08-19-2017, 12:01 AM)lightningterror Wrote: It's shown in the first pic Smile

Latest dev builds , well a few behind.

Ah, right you are! Good call.

I hate to bother you with this, but would you mind screenshotting your other settings for me? I must be doing something wrong somewhere, but I can't seem to figure it out.

In the meantime I'm going to test out 1.5.0 to see if that fixes anything for me.

Edit: Nope, still getting the same error on the latest build.

[Image: N9SUymx.jpg]
The error you are getting is likely due to an incompatible plugin. What is your cpu model ?
(08-19-2017, 01:58 AM)lightningterror Wrote: The error you are getting is likely due to an incompatible plugin. What is your cpu model ?

i7-6700K