Auto-Boot and Pre-Configure Games Separately
Thanks for the infoCool

Sponsored links

I made an account just now to say:
Thank you so so so much for this tutorial. I can't express my graditude enough.
This is amazing, I can finally setup PCSX2 properly with launchbox with all the correct settings!

THANK YOU SIR!
-ffburger101
I feel the need to plug my own video in this thread, it seems relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BFgxo_X98I
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Thanks for the guide. I have followed your instructions yet I can't seem to get this to work. I'm using PCSX2 ver. 1.5.0 latest build, and I've also tried it on ver. 1.4.0.  I created a folder called CONFIG in my root PCSX2 directory. Within this folder I've created folders with each individual game settings. I'm trying to create a shortcut for vampire night(using aimtraks), got the game with all settings running. Copied all the files from inis(pcsx2 root directory, I installed with the binaries) folder to CONFIG\game name folder.  When I double click the shortcut the game launches fine however it uses the configurations that are in the default inis folder, and not the ones specified in the config path.  Any idea how to fix this?
What is the name of your custom inis folder? What's your Target field look like?
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Custom ini folder is called CONFIG
I'm on my phone right now so I can't check but I'm pretty sure shortcut target is. "C:\Games\Emulation\PCSX2 1.5.0 dev 2174\pcsx2.exe" "C:\Games\Emulation\PCSX2 1.5.0 dev 2174\ROMS\Vampire Night (U).iso" --cfgpath=" C:\Games\Emulation\PCSX2 1.5.0 dev 2174\CONFIG\VN-inis" 
and now that I look at it, I think I see my mistake...I forgot to add the \ on the last line. When I get home I'll try that.
I don't think that'll make a different but try it. If it doesn't work, please include screenshots of your whole setup. The folder with the inis, the target path, all of it.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(08-15-2017, 05:01 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: I don't think that'll make a different but try it. If it doesn't work, please include screenshots of your whole setup. The folder with the inis, the target path, all of it.

Didn't work, heres the screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Has anyone encountered this message while trying to launch from the command line:
"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers."

Here's my command:
Code:
C:\Users\"Gil Faizon"\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen --nogui --fullboot

When CDVD > ISO is selected I get that error message. When CDVD > Plugin (Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0) is selected I get an open a file window, which defeats the purpose of passing the filename in my command. Does anyone know how to fix this?
(08-15-2017, 11:15 PM)DMB77 Wrote: Didn't work, heres the screenshot

Looks more like a picture from a camera than a screenshot. ;P But anyway, everything looks good in there...not really sure what the problem is. I would say try relative paths instead of absolute ones to see if that makes a difference, although I seriously doubt it. So have it look like this and tell me if it makes a difference:

Code:
"C:\Games\Emulation\PCSX2 1.5.0 dev 2174\pcsx2.exe" "..\ROMS\Vampire Night (U).iso" --cfgpath="..\CONFIG\VN-inis"

Also, what does your "Start in" field look like? Does it match the path for the PCSX2 .exe file?

Does using --nogui make a difference?

(08-16-2017, 02:29 PM)gilfaizon Wrote: Has anyone encountered this message while trying to launch from the command line:
"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers."

Here's my command:
Code:
C:\Users\"Gil Faizon"\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\pcsx2.exe "C:\isos\cf.iso" --fullscreen --nogui --fullboot

When CDVD > ISO is selected I get that error message. When CDVD > Plugin (Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0) is selected I get an open a file window, which defeats the purpose of passing the filename in my command. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does putting quotation marks around the whole path for the PCSX2 .exe file make a difference at all? Also which version of PCSX2 are you using? And finally, does it work fine without using CLI?

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games