Automatic Configuration
This is merely a suggestion; I was thinking that maybe is easier to make the emulator save different configuration for different games like mame does, so we don't go changing everything everytime we want to play a different game which needs tweaking. Is this possible? It's just an idea.

Sponsored links

There's too much variability. Configuration depends heavily of the user's pc AND on the user's preferences..
(03-10-2009, 11:40 PM)Krakatos Wrote: There's too much variability. Configuration depends heavily of the user's pc AND on the user's preferences..

I think you didn't understand what he wrote...

He suggests to save configurations for every game on your own computer, so that when you change a game, you dont have to manualy change plugins, settings, etc..., and just do it once, and save the settings that work best for you on each game.
yes, that would be nice, right now i have 3 pcsx2 folders with 3 different configurations, because sometimes i dont remember what to enable or what to disable for a particular game, and i just have 5 games(very bad memory), i think it could be like "custom config profiles" or something like that... it doesn't have to be for every game, one just have to create the "profiles" matching groups of games.
Ah that. Yeah, read the first post too late at night, heh.

Anyway. If what you want is the possibility to save settings for each game, then we did talk about it at one point. But it's a very low priority task considering all the rest that needs to be done...
just a drop down menu and folders with ini files to choose, *sob*, please