Automatic Frameskip?
Is it possible?
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Sponsored links

Any more info what you mean...auto frame skipping exist from long time ago.
You have auto frame skipping and constant frame skipping

Edit:
Hmm,either it doesn't work anymore or I'm doing something wrong(I don't pay much attention to the frame skipping so maybe something got changed)

I have a game on which I can get 75+ fps without speed hacks but still,enabling the frame skipping skips frames non-stop.
On the old gui of pcsx2 you had an option to set the minimum speed so when the game start running below that speed,pcsx2 start skipping frames.
(08-17-2012, 03:56 PM)vsub Wrote: Any more info what you mean...auto frame skipping exist from long time ago.
You have auto frame skipping and constant frame skipping

I use it on PCSX2 0.9.6 so it is in existence since a long time
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.
0.9.6 have different options
I'm not seeing "auto frameskip" in the options/settings... Hmm... I was planning to use it on some of the games that has slight slowdown which ruins the audio (I.E opening persona status while in a large boss battle in Persona 4). Or maybe the normal "enable frameskipping" is auto frameskip in itself? In epsxe there's a obvious checkbox written "auto frameskipping"

In short, I don't need constant frameskipping. Just on a few parts to avoid audio lag.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
There is no "auto frameskip" option,I thought it was using the Slow Motion option for minimum fps and when it reach for example(default is set to 50%)30fps or below(on NTSC game),it start skipping frames...guess I was wrong or something is broken

PCSX2 0.9.6(or r2186...I think this was the last old gui beta)had an option to set the minimum speed,when pcsx2 to start skipping frames if frame skipping is enabled

For example:
Custom FPS Limit - 0 for default
Frame skip when lower tan - 45 for example
Frames to render before skipping - 2 for example
Frames to skip - 4 for example

In this way if the game goes below 45fps,pcsx2 will render 2 frames and skip the next 4

Also for the sound,you may try settings the Synchronizing mode to Async,this way on some games even if the speed is lower/higher,pcsx2 will try running the sound like you are running the game at full speed
Looks like such feature was not even added...it works the same way even with 0.9.7 r3878
That's probably couse switching between frameskip on and off can freeze the screen update, making automatic one a bad idea;P.

Manually frameskip can be enabled/disabled using Shift+F4 combination, personally if I ever decide on needing it(from rare to never;P), I prefer to set it to work only with Turbo mode, turbo speed to 100% and use tab(or L3 with lilypad hack) to activate it.
(08-17-2012, 05:00 PM)vsub Wrote: There is no "auto frameskip" option,I thought it was using the Slow Motion option for minimum fps and when it reach for example(default is set to 50%)30fps or below(on NTSC game),it start skipping frames...guess I was wrong or something is broken

PCSX2 0.9.6(or r2186...I think this was the last old gui beta)had an option to set the minimum speed,when pcsx2 to start skipping frames if frame skipping is enabled

For example:
Custom FPS Limit - 0 for default
Frame skip when lower tan - 45 for example
Frames to render before skipping - 2 for example
Frames to skip - 4 for example

In this way if the game goes below 45fps,pcsx2 will render 2 frames and skip the next 4

Also for the sound,you may try settings the Synchronizing mode to Async,this way on some games even if the speed is lower/higher,pcsx2 will try running the sound like you are running the game at full speed

yup, it is same as you said
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.