Averaging 30FPS :(
I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm averaging about 30FPS. This is quite a nuisance, and I don't understand why. My computer isn't low-end, and it wasn't made of cheap parts.

I've mostly been trying to play FFX since my PS2 was stolen. Maybe this is my issue. I've read through most of these forums, and followed all the guides, and even tried changing various settings to try to get it to speed up. Anyways .. Here's my specs, please tell me I'm not crazy and that these should be sufficient to play this game at a reasonable speed:

Asus P5N32-E SLI
Pentium 4 Extreme @ 3.6GHz
2x 1GB OCZ DDR2 800
2x 512mb OCZ DDR2 800
BFG nVidia 9800GT 512mb x2
Windows XP Pro, SP3, All updates.

I typically run about 50% processor load while trying to play, and it never jumps higher. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

(02-03-2009, 02:06 AM)TheZeven Wrote: I've mostly been trying to play FFX since my PS2 was stolen.
we don't support piracy here Glare

(02-03-2009, 02:06 AM)TheZeven Wrote: Pentium 4 Extreme @ 3.6GHz
Blink i would'nt call that "high-end" if that's what your saying.

and as always Glare what are your pcsx2 settings?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(02-03-2009, 02:06 AM)TheZeven Wrote: Pentium 4 Extreme @ 3.6GHz
Blink i would'nt call that "high-end" if that's what your saying.

and as always Glare what are your pcsx2 settings?
[/quote]

P4E still weak,no SSSE3 and up and higher TDP than the mid-entry of C2D of 65W....pretty bad when overclocking or oversouling.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
LuisR14 Wrote:we don't support piracy here Glare

i would'nt call that "high-end" if that's what your saying.

There's a PS2s in the house, and I have the original disc. It's just more convenient if I play the disc on my computer, rather than trying to unhook my roommate's PS2 and play it over my TV-Tuner. Also, i didn't call that high-end (although it was at the time)... Just not low-end.

tallbender Wrote:P4E still weak,no SSSE3 and up and higher TDP than the mid-entry of C2D of 65W....pretty bad when overclocking or oversouling.

PCSX2 reports SSE3 though Sad

Anyways .. Settings i'm using now...

Process Priority High

CPU Config -

Everything checked, Frme Limiting - Normal

Graphics - GSdx9
Renderer - Dierct3d9(Hardware)
Shader - Pixel Shader 2.0
Interlacing - none
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Texture Filtering, Alpha Correction checked

These are the settings that got me the highest frame rate.
(02-03-2009, 05:57 AM)TheZeven Wrote:
LuisR14 Wrote:we don't support piracy here Glare
There's a PS2s in the house, and I have the original disc. It's just more convenient if I play the disc on my computer, rather than trying to unhook my roommate's PS2 and play it over my TV-Tuner.
sorry Blush, since you said your ps2 was stolen i assumed you were using a downloaded bios.Unsure

(02-03-2009, 05:57 AM)TheZeven Wrote:
tallbender Wrote:P4E still weak,no SSSE3 and up and higher TDP than the mid-entry of C2D of 65W....pretty bad when overclocking or oversouling.
PCSX2 reports SSE3 though Sad
he said SSSE3 not SSE3 (3 S's instead of 2) Smile

anyways, upgrade to the newer gsdx
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
that one that you have is old
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Damn, why some people always does not learn about policy and the rules. Again and again. Please dont make a trouble this forum for future.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Thanks everyone for the input. I'll try this when I get home tonight. I thought I'd have the latest version, since I just downloaded last night Sad A thousand pardons for not verifying that first.
take away framelimiter, use VU Skip or Frameskip. Get latest version of DirectX and get latest gdsx.
edit: VU skip gives a huge boost to speed if you're using the official release and not playground.

Also not sure about this but if your cpu has HT it might be able to use MTGS mode.
Err, you're expecting support after you yourself told us you don't have a ps2?

Sorry pal, that's not how it works. Buy another PS2, dump the bios, THEN come back.

And still, your PC is too weak to run PCSX2...
(02-03-2009, 08:07 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Err, you're expecting support after you yourself told us you don't have a ps2?

Sorry pal, that's not how it works. Buy another PS2, dump the bios, THEN come back.

And still, your PC is too weak to run PCSX2...

My roommate has a PS2. Try reading the entire thread before flaming. As long as there is a PS2 in the house, and I did not download anything, I am not breaking any laws. I have complete legal right to play both playstation 2, and the game in which I am trying to play.

On another note, is there any forums on the internet where flamers don't lurk waiting to jump?

I've made the suggested changeds, updated GSDx and it seems to be working a lot better. Thanks for the help for those who actually wanted to help, and not just flame.