Awful performance on a gaming PC. Please help!
Ok, now I've fixed ALL of my performance issues! I fiddled around with the settings a little bit and noticed that with frame limiter set to off I'm getting over 150fps. I simply went into a slowmo mode (shift+tab) and set this mode to 95% in the emulator options and it's literally stuck at 55fps ALL OF THE TIME Laugh!
Who would've thought that it'll be that easy. I tested: Area 51, The Punisher, Rise to Honor & BLACK and all of them work as smooth as butter!

Sponsored links

FWIRW, using cheap PSU can cause irregular performance issues which will get masked until the system is stressed, especially on bench test software i.e. run a test, it scores 3000, run again, it scores 2800, run again, something else when it should only be a couple points difference, if any. It's akin to installing an amplifier in your car that pulls more current than the alternator can continuously supply, so you get lights dimming, etc. And to confound the issue, PSU companies have resorted to using "max" numbers for important ratings like cont. amperage, which can be nearly 60% inflated over continuous ratings.

I've personally switched to Gold-rated PSU that are overkill (future proof) at 1kw, and bench tests for example, were rock solid all of a sudden. If you are using a junk PSU with all the higher-end chip+card, etc. upgrade ASAP.
(11-07-2017, 08:30 PM)budyll Wrote: Ok, now I've fixed ALL of my performance issues! I fiddled around with the settings a little bit and noticed that with frame limiter set to off I'm getting over 150fps. I simply went into a slowmo mode (shift+tab) and set this mode to 95% in the emulator options and it's literally stuck at 55fps ALL OF THE TIME Laugh!
Who would've thought that it'll be that easy. I tested: Area 51, The Punisher, Rise to Honor & BLACK and all of them work as smooth as butter!

Sounds like vsync is messing with the frame limiter, you should try disabling it in your nvidia control panel and try again. Your workaround isn't so good because you'll have to change it each time for PAL and NTSC games, but whatever works for you....
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-07-2017, 11:50 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sounds like vsync is messing with the frame limiter, you should try disabling it in your nvidia control panel and try again. Your workaround isn't so good because you'll have to change it each time for PAL and NTSC games, but whatever works for you....

I live in the UK, my copies of The Punisher & BLACK are both NTSC while Rise to Honor and Area 51 PAL and I haven't changed the settings for neither of them after I did what I did. So contrary to what you said about having to change it between PAL & NTSC, they all work perfect with these settings.

Again, thanks everyone for all the input that you gave me Wink. Area 51 is so much more enjoyable in 60fps. No more frame drops in games!
Well given that PAL games run at 50 FPS, you are playing the games at the wrong speed but w/e Tongue Way to act like a smartass once more Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-08-2017, 05:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: Well given that PAL games run at 50 FPS, you are playing the games at the wrong speed but w/e Tongue Way to act like a smartass once more Wink

Well, they work OK so far in 60fps so why should I care about slowing them down to 50Ghz  Tongue? Again, thanks for all the input. Time to enjoy some classics of the yesteryear!
Quote:Well, they work OK so far in 60fps so why should I care about slowing them down to 50Ghz

Wow, he's even counting his game speed in cycles! so smart ass! Tongue
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-08-2017, 07:56 PM)ssakash Wrote: Wow, he's even counting his game speed in cycles! so smart ass! Tongue

I count every calculation my processor makes per nanosecond, I thought everyone did!
(11-08-2017, 07:56 PM)ssakash Wrote: Wow, he's even counting his game speed in cycles! so smart ass! Tongue

Have 'ya got some kind of a problem Glare ?! Didn't knew PCSX2 community is like that. I'm outta' here!
(11-08-2017, 05:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: Well given that PAL games run at 50 FPS, you are playing the games at the wrong speed but w/e Tongue Way to act like a smartass once more Wink

I guess it's ok if it makes him happy Tongue
The customer is always right.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5