Awful performance on a gaming PC. Please help!
Read my post and follow the instructions. Try Punisher, report the FPS (no big slowdown issues, looks crap do not help debugging) and set up GSdx as I told you
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

I will do this in a moment, but how testing one game only is supposed to help? On top of that the whole point of emulation is being able to run something in higher resolution than the original console for which it was made was running at. If I'd want to play it in native resolution on such a big screen, I'd just connect my PS2 to it.

Also, I've written that I tried testing it with Rise to Honor which I wanted to play the most in the latest 1.5 build and even in basic native resolution it runs very poorly.

PS. Which Mhz in cpuZ are you talking about? On which tab? If it's the "Core Speed" one then it is constantly on 4000Ghz, the speed of my CPU.
No, the whole point of emulation is to emulate the system as accurately as possible. Higher resolutions are an added bonus (which some emulators even completely lack, due to the reason above) which comes with bugs since it diverges from normal console behavior.

We are trying to debug a (possible) issue, thus we need a baseline. The baseline is a game we know works properly and does not have major emulation bugs, and native resolution to discover if the issue could be gpu or cpu performance. I didn't tell you all this stuff for fun or to make it look crap.

Yes core speed is what we are looking for, does it stay to 4Ghz when the slowdowns happen too?

And for the third time, 'very poorly', 'slow', 'looks crap' don't help, post exact FPS numbers.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
could it be that skylake bug we had some time ago until Intel updated their drivers ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Just installed FRAPS, turned it on, Rise to Honor keeps showing 60fps (that's an NTSC version of the game) no matter what's happening on screen but it has huge slowdowns in the native resolution anyways. 4Ghz is constant even when slowdowns are occuring.
I'm honestly lost. I was testing PSP and Gamecube emulators on this PC and both of them work like a charm in 4K, even with some enhancements like AA etc. and in most demanding games (PSP: God of War Ghost of Sparta, Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow; Gamecube: Star Fox Adventures. Zelda or WWE Day of Reckoning 2).
Fraps ? Why did you install fraps ?
And please don't compare pcsx2 to dolphin or PPSSPP unless you absolutely want to look ridiculous.
It's a mere nonsense
(11-03-2017, 02:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Fraps ? Why did you install fraps ?
And please don't compare pcsx2 to dolphin or PPSSPP unless you absolutely want to look ridiculous.
It's a mere nonsense

Umm, to check fps? Besides, why are you saying that comparing PPSSPP and Dolphin to PCSX2 is ridiculous? No offense, but both of these are emulators of consoles that are really similar to the said PS2 in hardware capabilities, with small difference of Gamecube actually having better graphics than PS2 had in quite a few instances. So no, I don't see it as something "ridiculous".
Do you have any idea how a ps2 architecture is alien compared to A psp architecture and even more to a GC/WII architecture ?
Any idea how far from a pc architecture those console's are ?

Clearly not.
So, yeah, apparently, you wanted to sound ridiculous.

and why don't you just have a look at the gsdx titlebar to check fps ?

@Bositman : considering the OP since to be a bit "light" in terms of general computer knowloedge, I tend to say he/she didn't update his/her drivers and encounters the old Skylake bug.
(11-03-2017, 03:18 PM)budyll Wrote: Umm, to check fps? Besides, why are you saying that comparing PPSSPP and Dolphin to PCSX2 is ridiculous? No offense, but both of these are emulators of consoles that are really similar to the said PS2 in hardware capabilities, with small difference of Gamecube actually having better graphics than PS2 had in quite a few instances. So no, I don't see it as something "ridiculous".

Dolphin is a completely different animal. They have nearly 3x the commit history we do, they fully support two (though in fairness pretty much identical) consoles in one package, and are much farther in the development lifecycle than PCSX2 is. 

I can't speak for PPSSPP as I've never touched it, but I'd imagine it's probably in a different lifecycle stage as well.
(11-03-2017, 05:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Do you have any idea how a ps2 architecture is alien compared to A psp architecture and even more to a GC/WII architecture ?
Any idea how far from a pc architecture those console's are ?

Clearly not.
So, yeah, apparently, you wanted to sound ridiculous.

and why don't you just have a look at the gsdx titlebar to check fps ?

@Bositman : considering the OP since to be a bit "light" in terms of general computer knowloedge, I tend to say he/she didn't update his/her drivers and encounters the old Skylake bug.

Light on PC knowledge because somebody doesn't know about PS2 architecture being farther away from the PC architecture than GC or PSP? Yep, that's general knowledge. Going this way I see that you seem to be a bit "light" on the English grammar knowledge.

Anyways, putting all the meaness to each other aside as it is childish, is this what you meant by CPU drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=88195
That's my first ever Intel CPU (all the previous ones I had were AMD) so I didn't have a clue that there are drivers for CPUs like there are for GPUs, sound cards etc.
I'll install the above driver and then test it all again. Thanks for the advice Wink.