Awful performance on a gaming PC. Please help!
(11-03-2017, 05:22 PM)budyll Wrote: Light on PC knowledge because somebody doesn't know about PS2 architecture being farther away from the PC architecture than GC or PSP? Yep, that's general knowledge. Going this way I see that you seem to be a bit "light" on the English grammar knowledge.
probably because it's not my mothertongue... like many people on this forum
Quote:Anyways, putting all the meaness to each other aside as it is childish, is this what you meant by CPU drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=88195
That's my first ever Intel CPU (all the previous ones I had were AMD) so I didn't have a clue that there are drivers for CPUs like there are for GPUs, sound cards etc.
I'll install the above driver and then test it all again. Thanks for the advice Wink.
Yep, all apologies. should have been more lenient.
Anyways, a screenshot of your gsdx window when you get slowdowns would ba a good idea.
A video with gsdx window + task manager showing CPU usage side by side would be even better if you can
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Ok, I don't know how were you able to install Intel Core drivers, but I can't. I tried installing it 3 times now and it keeps telling me that I don't meet the mimium requirements even though my CPU is listed under the supported once in this drivers' description.
I googled for a bit and found this thread in which a guy has the same CPU and gets a response that there's nothing like drivers strictly for CPU, so just as I thought in the beginning: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id...6700k.html
(11-03-2017, 06:09 PM)budyll Wrote: Ok, I don't know how were you able to install Intel Core drivers, but I can't. I tried installing it 3 times now and it keeps telling me that I don't meet the mimium requirements even though my CPU is listed under the supported once in this drivers' description.
I googled for a bit and found this thread in which a guy has the same CPU and gets a response that there's nothing like drivers strictly for CPU, so just as I thought in the beginning: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id...6700k.html

That link was for the integrated chipset for that CPU. If you don't meet the requirements your chipset is likely already up to date.

Do you know what driver version you have installed for your GTX 1070?

edit: an additional shot in the dark, but I don't suppose you have your GS plugin configured to use your Intel chipset, instead of your GTX?
Pandubz, I have the most recent driver for it, which is 388.13.
I have my GTX set as graphics adapter in GSdx menu. As for the CPU I was confused with all those drivers, had a quick chat with Intel support and they told me that if I'm not using a laptop I don't need these drivers as I'm using Nvidia GPU and their drivers have everything that I need.
(11-03-2017, 06:15 PM)pandubz Wrote: edit: an additional shot in the dark, but I don't suppose you have your GS plugin configured to use your Intel chipset, instead of your GTX?
the emulog clearly shows the dedicated GPU is used.
Anyways, Pandubz is right.
I guess updating your Mobo drivers would be a better idea in your case
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok, I just removed and downloaded the newest 1.5 build again and for whatever reason it runs pretty well all of a sudden. It still has a few hiccups but it's far more playable than it was Smile.

I was wondering though: maybe I have some sort of an outdated graphics plugin? This is the one that I'm using: GSdx 20170226190916 (MVSC 19.00 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0 [GSdx32-AVX2]
Thanks in advance for the help.
(11-03-2017, 02:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: could it be that skylake bug we had some time ago until Intel updated their drivers ?

That was fixed a long time ago by turtleli.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1741
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Note the skylake bug was only related to the SW renderer. HW wasn't impacted.
Budy, is your system set to update drivers automatically.. I once had ms update my NVidia drivers.. and gave me crap performance till I reloaded the Nvidia supplied ones..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(11-03-2017, 06:45 PM)budyll Wrote: Ok, I just removed and downloaded the newest 1.5 build again and for whatever reason it runs pretty well all of a sudden. It still has a few hiccups but it's far more playable than it was Smile.

I was wondering though: maybe I have some sort of an outdated graphics plugin? This is the one that I'm using: GSdx 20170226190916 (MVSC 19.00 AVX2/AVX2) 1.1.0 [GSdx32-AVX2]
Thanks in advance for the help.

Ok, kinda' stupid to be quoting my own post, but not everybody seem to have noticed it. I got it resolved now. Thanks for all the input Wink.