BIOS does not seem to load correctly
Hello. New to this but excited to have some fun recording some gameplay.
I have followed instructions for installation, pulling the bios, and imaging my disk to the best of my ability, but am having issues getting anything to come up when I try to start a game.

I pulled my bios from my PS2 (SCPH-39001) on which I have a Matrix mod chip installed. I used a boot cd to get into the file loader and then biosdrain.elf to pull onto a USB.
Contents pulled were:
SCPH-39001.mec, .nvm, .rom0, .rom1, .rom2

PSX2 finds the .rom0 as a listing and is trying to use that.
On trying to load the BIOS the header of the play screen says "Booting PS2 Bios", I have VulcanSW\unknown\interlaced(frame)\automatic\ (various unimportant numbers related to framerates, etc), but an otherwise black screen without any flickering or sound. No indication that anything is happening software wise. I can try to load a disk and it seems to accept it, but no change in playback. A reset only tells that the compiler was reset, bios found, but nothing else.
This happens whether using HW or SW modes.
No error log occurs.
Am I missing something in my bios rip that might be because of the modchip?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored links

Seems like a lot of views but no help. Am I missing info or something?
You should try dumping your bios again. The actual bios file will have a .bin extension and should be 4096Kb in size.

Also forum search helps: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dumped-b...1-6-stable
(05-29-2023, 09:08 AM)MrWizard Wrote: You should try dumping your bios again. The actual bios file will have a .bin extension and should be 4096Kb in size.

Also forum search helps: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dumped-b...1-6-stable

Thank you. I've tried to dump multiple times, and I need to use a different method of boot as my dvd version is not liked by either of my PS2's without the mod chip active. I thought it might have something to do with the chip. I'll work on the other ways and see what I can get to work. At least I know that is the prob.
(05-29-2023, 03:20 AM)CDSP98 Wrote: Seems like a lot of views but no help. Am I missing info or something?

The above link certainly helped and I am now up and running. Thank you again!