BIOS dump help
OK, just successfully installed free mcboot using the codebreaker disc method. Now for dumping the BIOS...

Tried 007 AuF and FRWL disc swaps with eject button again, still no dice.
(takes much longer than 5 secs.. game totally freezes till the real disc is put back in. I assume that's the PS2's way of saying no "pirated" or in this case modified ELF discs.)

Have to try the slide tool thingy, sounds fun.

Sponsored links

as an alternative to the slide tool, you can get replacement "tops" for the PS2 with a fliplid, this is much friendlier on the dvd drive, the slide tool can potentially damage the drive.

The PS2 makes sure the disc is legal by reading an unburnable boot sector and stores it in memory, this is cleared by hitting the eject button, which is why you need to use a swapmagic disc or something and swap the disc without ejecting it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-02-2012, 02:32 PM)refraction Wrote: which is why you need to use a swapmagic disc or something and swap the disc without ejecting it.
you swap AuF while it's running (if that's what you're referring to)
Aha so that's how the disc check works.

replacement top eh...cool
OK update.

Trying to use the BIOS I dumped from my slim console in PCSX2, but the network disc won't see the network adapter is installed (using gigaherz dev9 plugin and pcsx2 r5331)

Do I need to use a .p2b or something?