BIOS dumping
I Realize I can probably use the DUMPBIOS-MASS.ELF to obtain the results I apparently need but since the other program was newer I tried to use it.
And it worked. Now I have a P2B file with my console's serial number in the file name but PCSX2 doesn't recognize it as BIOS even though the readme included with the dumper said P2B would be supported in the next release.. I've had this tool for a year or so and I know this emulators had a new release or two, but it's not picking up the p2b.

Sponsored links

Try unpacking the .P2B file with winrar or 7z or... somthing I forgot, and just put the files inside in the bios folder. The P2B bios file was never supported and the readme you're checking must be very old Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
okay thanks. I re-ripped it with the other ELF and it produced a p2b and it kept the other files too.. copied all the other files to the bios folder and it worked.
I wonder if there's any big difference between this and my other ps2.

it just bugs me that the readme with the two ELFs say p2b will be supported when it never has been.
(01-23-2011, 08:00 AM)BerserkLeon Wrote: I wonder if there's any big difference between this and my other ps2.
Shouldn't be.

Quote:it just bugs me that the readme with the two ELFs say p2b will be supported when it never has been.
Inevitability in software development, there were plans to support it then there were none and the readme you checked hasn't been updated since Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64