BIOS from Broken PS2
Is there a way to extract the BIOS from a non-bootable PS2?

I legitimately own a PS2 and could prove it if need be but the power supply has given out on it and it won't power up.  Is there a way I can get the BIOS off of it for use with PCSX2?

Sponsored links

Unless you can get that fixed, or you can find a way to read the chip directly with a programmer, I'm afraid you're out of luck Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-07-2017, 10:34 PM)refraction Wrote: Unless you can get that fixed, or you can find a way to read the chip directly with a programmer, I'm afraid you're out of luck Sad

Darn, I was hoping to avoid paying to get it fixed by using an emulator instead.  I kindof figured this would be the answer though.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have a miracle cure as much as I'd love to have one! I hope you can get it fixed or find another console cheap.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-07-2017, 10:43 PM)xeroize494 Wrote: Darn, I was hoping to avoid paying to get it fixed by using an emulator instead.  I kindof figured this would be the answer though.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.

On the plus side getting your PS2 fixed will allow you to rip the bios and use PCSX2 instead. Playing PS2 games with PCSX2 can look infinitely better than you could ever get them to look on the PS2 hardware.
PC: Intel i7 6700
       16 GB DDR4 2400 RAM
       ASUS Phoenix GTX 1660 SUPER OC