BIOS from dumping=not a valid BIOS?
Um... I'm a new member here, so any help will be nice, hehe Biggrin

I have a problem with the bios. I dumped the bios directly from my ps2 but when I wanted to use the BIOS on my pcsx2, it said 'please select a valid bios'... Does anyone have the solution to this problem? Sad

Sponsored links

maybe try redumping
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
where do you get this error message?
has it been extracted as a p2b file? If so you need to extract the files from it with 7-zip, i would suggest renaming the files as well so they do not have the CRC number in the name, else it won't find all the components
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I tried redumping but no luck, still the same error Sad

I got it when I tried configuring the pcsx2 for the first time, on a panel where it asked us to select a bios from our directory...
what are the files called?

No, the extracted files are in .BIN, .EROM, .NVM, .ROM1, and .ROM2 formats... I followed the tutorial video on youtube about this dumping and got the same files like in the video but still can't run my pcsx2 Sad
Is 'please select a valid bios' an error message after you chose your bios indicating that your bios is faulty or is it just a general recommendation of the program?

Which of the mentioned files do you select as bios? Ignore me.. I am stupid. The program itself selects the proper one.
Hmmm... It is after I chose my bios ._.

I even captured what my pcsx2 looked like when I chose the bios in case someone can figure out what is wrong with my BIOS file--

when you chose your folder did you left click on the bios file in the list?