BLACK SCREEN ON START UP
Ok I have done the configuration according to the official guide. However when I select run CD/DVD, after the playstation logo everything just get black. I still see the fps changing. I was just checking out the emulator still so i tried it on an old game (harvest moon). I mounted the .iso, set the drive letter in Gigahertz plugin, etc... but nothing. could some one please help. BTW, using the default plugins and USA bios. Included screenshots.

CPU: 2.17 Ghz, Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3400
RAM: 4GB
Graphics: ATI mobility radeon 3430, 2GB VRAM (shared)
DirectX: 11.1

Sponsored links

Is that a PlayStation 1 game by chance?
I think so..I think the problem was with the .iso file because I got it to work for another game using the actual DVD. However, I still get the black screen when starting a new game. The menus are fine though.
You should seriously read the FAQ before embarrassing yourself more.
Edit: Wait, you think so? You're trying a game in ISO format which you don't even know what it is?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-13-2010, 04:46 PM)Bositman Wrote: Wait, you think so? You're trying a game in ISO format which you don't even know what it is?

Ohmy
(05-13-2010, 04:46 PM)Bositman Wrote: You should seriously read the FAQ before embarrassing yourself more.
Edit: Wait, you think so? You're trying a game in ISO format which you don't even know what it is?

It also doesn't help that there is a torrent for a pcsx2 0.9.x installer on the desktop.
HUH? You do realize that you asked if it is a PS1 game, and I said I think so because it IS POSSIBLE that it may very well be a PS2 game. Which Im sure should not matter as it is to my knowledge, both game types can be emulated. So me knowing what type is simply trivial. And yes as I STATED before I was simply performing a test to see if it works. FYI i have read the FAQs and it does not say anything about BLACK SCREENS... so before you suggest a solution I suggest you understand the context of the problem
(05-13-2010, 08:24 PM)Lienaj Wrote: HUH? You do realize that you asked if it is a PS1 game, and I said I think so because it IS POSSIBLE that it may very well be a PS2 game. Which Im sure should not matter as it is to my knowledge, both game types can be emulated. So me knowing what type is simply trivial. And yes as I STATED before I was simply performing a test to see if it works. FYI i have read the FAQs and it does not say anything about BLACK SCREENS... so before you suggest a solution I suggest you understand the context of the problem

Once again, read the stickies.
I'll just sit back and wait to see how many replies yet until you read the faq and feel bad about yourself Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-13-2010, 08:24 PM)Lienaj Wrote: ...
both game types can be emulated.

Yeah both can be emulated, but by different emulators...

Did you really read?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64