BO2 (legacy Of Kain series...)
Hello each and every single one of ya,

So i"ve decided to serve master kain... once again... and began my quest in Blood Omen 2.

Often i noticed sparkling glitches only vissible in the playable characters or npc (not background / gamemaps) .. untill now !!

Have played with many settings to find the right custom setting for that game, but nothing seems to help.  Only switching gpu renderer to software get rids of that pesky glitch.  But considering how "fast" software rendering is, thats not an option..

So iam wondering, is this still an old → unresolved glitch in pcsx2 mayhap? 
Or might there be an tiny setting i have overlooked, that possible fixes this ?

Iam using nigthly builds of pcsx2.  Current version is 1.7.3693.

"please help me kind sir ↓"  Tongue 

[Image: please-help-me-kind-sir-stars-stripes.png]

Update:  On top of this, wurst thing that can happen... did happen!!  
Iam in the endgame level (chapter nine "The Device"), where i need to take control of an "innocent" to move over an bridge, but for some reason he doesn't cross the bridge to solve the "pûzzle" !! 

Just great , to get stuck in the final endgame level because of an game glitch Blink !!!

Did anyone completed this game using pcsx2?

Edit 2:     VAE VICTIS  Biggrin   

I managed to help the poor innocent accros the bridge glitch !!!  
Changing just 1 setting at the Emotion Engine tab in the Advance section of pcsx2 did the trick  Closedeyes  

This ↑ calls for an pcsx additional game fix i"d say  Happy !!

Sponsored links

What "1 setting" was it you changed? and what to?

Also a GS Dump of the trippy thing would be cool Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-11-2022, 05:49 PM)refraction Wrote: What "1 setting" was it you changed? and what to?

Also a GS Dump of the trippy thing would be cool Smile

Hello refraction,

The one setting you are after is *drumroll* ..  Mellow 
Rounding Mode → "Nearest" at the emotion engine tab.

All other settings like the Rendering settings, is kept the same fortunately..
So it's not an render problem obviously.

That helped the poor poor "innocent" Glare  to avance.. but just barely !!

To proceed and cross the bridge in one direction, it's no problem..  
But when i backtracked my steps to see if the "innocent" could reach the platform again from the bridge, i had to move him specifically to the right corner of the bridge to reach the starting platform !!!! 

So,in one way the innocent could move freely past that difficult threshold / gap between the bridge and other platform !!?!?  but vice versa didn't work that easily, he got stuck again untill i moved him to an specific corner at that bridge !

First i thought it wos an ingame bug/glitch , so i rebooted the game from several save files, but that didn't solved anything ...  
Then i suspected maybe save states feature in pcsx2 might broke something, worst thing imaginable that could happen.. my precious records  Ohmy
But fortunately it had nothing to do with save states  Rolleyes

So i figured, this must be an emulation setting prob !  Et voila...  Tongue

So, would it still help you allot if i post an dump of this phenomenon after my detailed description ?

i gather, i need to create an dump log from that exact dificult position ingame, right?  
I hope i still have the save state from that possition, to reproduce the leap of faith  Rolleyes

Is there anything that can be done about the gpu "stars & stripes" glitch  Biggrin , besided playing in software mode ?

cheers,
TD
if you could post the dumps, that'd be great.

Not sure about the stars and stripes, that's why I wanted a GS Dump, so we can look at it.

So the rounding mode change helped, but not completely? Also what affect does that setting have on the rest of the game? Does it cause any further problems? We're always a little nervous about rounding changes, especially in big games like that.

(12-12-2022, 10:41 AM)refraction Wrote: if you could post the dumps, that'd be great.

Not sure about the stars and stripes, that's why I wanted a GS Dump, so we can look at it.

Unfortunately it's dificult to create an dump/snapshot of that sparkling gpû glitch because it doesn"t happend that often a.  And b. it's about 0.001 seconds vissible on the screen !!
At the moment i don't have that save state anymore from that specific place where it took place and was easy to capture/reproduce to help you out.

Also, iam in the endgame final stages of the game where this all took place.  And if it happends again, i'll sure will make an nice snapshot compilation of it and post it here Rolleyes

(12-12-2022, 10:41 AM)refraction Wrote: So the rounding mode change helped, but not completely? Also what affect does that setting have on the rest of the game? Does it cause any further problems? We're always a little nervous about rounding changes, especially in big games like that.

You must have read my mind refraction , iam sure of Laugh 

Indeed, i have left it on the new setting (nearest / rouding mode) for testing purpose to see how it would affect the gameplay from there on.  And so far, the Quest goes on Rolleyes  (no retreat no surrender Glare )

Must say, the game played nice from the start using default rounding mode (chop / zero), untill chapter Nine (final stages / the end game).  From there on i have changed and kept the settings without an problem thusfar...

I'll keep you posted, and let you know if i wos able to finish the game using my settings.

cheers,
TD
..update..

Just completed the game using "nearest" rounding mode instead of default.
The Seraphim is nO mOre Tongue2

Must say, i only needed to change just that to avance with the poor innocents ingame.
Also, the stars & stripes glitches also occured allot when mind controlling the poor innocents, but later on in the game. The gpu glitch did particullary happend allot when using kains special ability.

So, food for some thought i'd say Tongue
Alright thanks, we'll get the nearest rounding to EE added.

But for a third time, can we get a GS Dump of the rainbow vomit, please.

(12-13-2022, 08:29 PM)refraction Wrote: Alright thanks, we'll get the nearest rounding to EE added.

But for a third time, can we get a GS Dump of the rainbow vomit, please.

excellent, i've noticed the update notes from the latest build Rolleyes 

Your fortunate, i still have the saves with wich i can reproduce the glitches..  You see, it only happends a. When mind controlling "innocents" (camera angles), and B. when using special ability like stealth kill (mist ability) !!

The gsdump you've requested  Rolleyes

& another gsdump when i use my mist ability.  The same sort of sparkling glitch !

Keep me posted about the progress pretty please.

chees,
duck
Both of those links are incorrect.

(12-14-2022, 06:25 PM)refraction Wrote: Both of those links are incorrect.

odd, at the time of posting the links worked just fine !!

I guess have too look for another "reliable" service to up the files Glare 

here's the LINK to both files , again.

Be quick to grab it, in case something goes wrong again on their part Wacko !

cheers,
TD