[BUG REPORT] An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred,
An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:
bad allocation
Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emulog.txt file.

(I got this message after getting the message: Could not load GS plugin 'plugins': <NULL>)

I used the search button, the previous fix for these two problems didn't help be, followed both of them, uninstalled and reinstalled clean install version (from the link here). Here's screenshots.

http://yfrog.com/56screenshot42201073347amp

[Image: screenshot42201072532am.th.png]

And the emulog.txt:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = a
x86Family = Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz
CPU speed = 2.706 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0c00e3bd
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1

CDVD Plugin CDVDbin.dll: Version 3 != 5
SPU2 Plugin SPU2null.dll: Version 4 != 5

If I overlooked something, I apologize for my negligence, but I am certain I have not. I am attempting to accomplish something that ''came back to me'' from the past. I had a PS2 about five years ago and was almost done with the Final Fantasy X and .hack//Infection, when my house was burglarized. I stopped playing video games for a while after that, but now that I'm settled and financially stable, I have a computer and internet for entertainment purposes; i.e. music, books, and will be taking some of my college courses online next semester. But recently, I stumbled across something that reminded me of those games, so now I kind of want to finish them. I know it's odd, but who isn't these day? Anyways, bear with me, and thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

I see those strange messages at thetop of your window.

did you try to :
Run as admin (with right click)
move pcsx2 folder into a folder free of admin rights (i.e my docs)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You didn't download pcsx2 from here or the main site right
Those are old version plugins that are not working on pcsx2 anymore and surely they are not inside the pcsx2 package from here or the main site
Quote:CDVD Plugin CDVDbin.dll: Version 3 != 5

Try downloading pcsx2 from here or the main site and make sure you have the newest directx from February 2010(not that it's needed for the official version of pcsx2 which requires much older version

And since you didn't posted what is your video card,I hope it support Pixel Shader 2.
Invalid bug report, moved.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-02-2010, 04:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I see those strange messages at thetop of your window.

did you try to :
Run as admin (with right click)
move pcsx2 folder into a folder free of admin rights (i.e my docs)

Tried both of those.

(04-02-2010, 04:34 PM)vsub Wrote: You didn't download pcsx2 from here or the main site right
Those are old version plugins that are not working on pcsx2 anymore and surely they are not inside the pcsx2 package from here or the main site
Quote:CDVD Plugin CDVDbin.dll: Version 3 != 5

Try downloading pcsx2 from here or the main site and make sure you have the newest directx from February 2010(not that it's needed for the official version of pcsx2 which requires much older version

And since you didn't posted what is your video card,I hope it support Pixel Shader 2.

I DID follow the link provided here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9-6-Installer

I didn't post my video card, correct. But in the bug report topic, it wasn't mentioned my video card information is necessary. Also, I saw the message about gs plugins not belonging there, but that was more of a P.S. for my topic, because this topic title is:
An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred, with the message:
bad allocation
Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emulog.txt file.
Which is what I thought was a bug. I searched and found two supposed solutions for this, downloading some things, which I did, and uninstalled pcsx2 and restarted my computer, to still have the same problem.

And my video card is: Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset